Do you fear a crash similar to 2001?

WHAT? My question is how the loan helps getting $ out of the country. This was happening before the loan. I don't get it.

Well, simple. The loan is for getting money out of the country. If there are not usd, they cannot do it.

WHat are you saying - that there are no dollars left in the Central Bank so if there is a run on the banks, banks will not be able to pay out in dollars hence the loan is to cover withdrawals that will be sent abroad? So in a little time the money from the IMF will have evaporated with nothing to show?

The soy harvest failed because of the drought, but a record harvest of wheat is expected near the end of the year.

Dollars are normally brought in mainly through export of agricultural products. The IMF loan helps cover a lower dollar inflow because of lower soy exports. Dollars have been coming in and capital has been fleeing for ages in Argentina, the IMF loan does not change this.

The gov made many people bring in undeclared dollars from abroad shortly after taking power too. The much discussed banqueo de capitales. Can't remember the exact number but it was lot of money. It was estimated there were over 300 billion dollars from args in foreign accounts

Regardless of if we reach the same conditions as in 2001, Macri is a major disaster for Argentina. He has done absolutely nothing to stimulate the economy. He is sustaining the AR$ with the poisonous high-interest rate LEBACs, which will not last, and severely cutting back spending, of which many more cuts are coming. This is due to the fact that Argentina spends a lot more than it produces. The only reason why the USD rise is currently slowing is that of the infusion of IMF dollars and a cutback in spending by Argentines, however, this will not last forever Inflation is bad and will get worse. Macri has spent like a drunken sailor and has spent money Argentina did not really have.. I honestly don't see how we get out of the whole we are in. The recent rise of the U.S Dollar against the AR$ was a clandestine correction orchestrated intentionally by the Macri organization. In my opinion, Macri is a complete ignorant individual and he needs to get his head out of his rear. He is currently in hiding because by and large, the Argentine people can't stand him. Believe me when I tell you there is nothing monolithic to sustain the current situation, and things are going worst under this individual in charge of this country. In fact, things will get much worse before anything improves. I would not be surprised if we eventually see civil unrest. It's actually already starting to happen. Of course, the 'cambiemos' government, although in power for over 2 years since they have taken over, will continue to take no responsibility for their ineptness, instead they will blame the previous administration. I have seen dirty politicians, but Macri is as dirty as they come. I will be voting Peronista, or whoever the emerging choice against Macri or cambiemos is. Even if it's a zombie who emerges from the 'Rio De La Plata', I will be voting for him.

Last edited:
Regardless of if we reach the same conditions as in 2001, Macri is a major disaster for Argentina. He has done absolutely nothing to stimulate the economy. He is sustaining the AR$ with the poisonous high-interest rate LEBACs, which will not last, and severely cutting back spending, of which many more cuts are coming. This is due to the fact that Argentina spends a lot more than it produces. The only reason why the USD rise is currently slowing is that of the infusion of IMF dollars and a cutback in spending by Argentines, however, this will not last forever Inflation is bad and will get worse. Macri has spent like a drunken sailor and has spent money Argentina did not really have.. I honestly don't see how we get out of the whole we are in. The recent rise of the U.S Dollar against the AR$ was a clandestine correction orchestrated intentionally by the Macri organization. In my opinion, Macri is a complete ignorant individual and he needs to get his head out of his rear. He is currently in hiding because by and large, the Argentine people can't stand him. Believe me when I tell you there is nothing monolithic to sustain the current situation, and things are going worst under this individual in charge of this country. In fact, things will get much worse before anything improves. I would not be surprised if we eventually see civil unrest. It's actually already starting to happen. Of course, the 'cambiemos' government, although in power for over 2 years since they have taken over, will continue to take no responsibility for their ineptness, instead they will blame the previous administration. I have seen dirty politicians, but Macri is as dirty as they come. I will be voting Peronista, or whoever the emerging choice against Macri or cambiemos is. Even if it's a zombie who emerges from the 'Rio De La Plata', I will be voting for him.

Complains about overspending and inflation -but will vote for a peronist- while complaining about cuts at the same time

Only in Peronia

Back