Do you have an Argentine style Xmas eve dinner or...?

nikad

Registered
I was just wondering what most expats do for Xmas eve. Do you just stay home and celebrate on the 25th?. Do you cook a meal that is similar to what you are used to back home? Or do you go mayo, pork and cider all the way Argentine style? An inquiring mind wants to know :) - Btw, do you dare having eggnog with over 95C? :D

christmas eve with the suegros so pionono with mayo (bleck!) and vitel tonne.

I will have Xmas eve dinner in Punta Alta with the family that built and lived in my house for the 28 years prior to my arrival...and return to have Xmas day dinner with them, too.

(The folks out here in the province are really nice.):)

Geez , i forgot, pork, mayo, cider, pan dulce and fireworks!! I usually cook for everybody and host, so it will be vitel thonne, salads ( rusa!), roasted chicken and pork ice cream and pan dulce, nuts, etc. My brother, son and nephew will haunt the neighborhood with fireworks ;) i just cross fingers and hope the power doesn ´t go off just so I can run the AC :)

I,ll be making asado for 14 of my wife,s family here at mine.Kids will be in the pool and we,ll be supping the night away,enjoy folks,Merry Xmas to you all

nikad said:
roasted chicken and pork ice cream and pan dulce, nuts, etc.

wait, what?! Pork ice cream? I know pork is popular, but didn't think that Argentines had caught on to the weird bacon/sweetened pork trends that seem to be happening now?

As we have no extended family here, we usually celebrate with friends, and in the past I have cooked both traditional and non-traditional meals, but it's decidely non-argentine. I don't eat beef (yeah, I know, cardinal sin here), but I think of the holidays I've spent here my favorite meal was vegetarian Indian fare. Due to attrition, this year looks likely to be a much smaller gathering so I'm thinking a lovely evening in ala Lee (but sub chihuaua with kitty) and then a picnic in the park on xmas day may be more in order! we'll see what unfolds as the holiday(s) get closer, but it's all about flexibility, right?

MizzMarr said:
wait, what?! Pork ice cream? I know pork is popular, but didn't think that Argentines had caught on to the weird bacon/sweetened pork trends that seem to be happening now?

As we have no extended family here, we usually celebrate with friends, and in the past I have cooked both traditional and non-traditional meals, but it's decidely non-argentine. I don't eat beef (yeah, I know, cardinal sin here), but I think of the holidays I've spent here my favorite meal was vegetarian Indian fare. Due to attrition, this year looks likely to be a much smaller gathering so I'm thinking a lovely evening in ala Lee (but sub chihuaua with kitty) and then a picnic in the park on xmas day may be more in order! we'll see what unfolds as the holiday(s) get closer, but it's all about flexibility, right?
Hehehe sorry, I ate the comma there ;)

Back