Do you pay rent in advance?

Gabriella

Registered
Hi,
I'm going to Buenos Aires in October and have found an apartment through an agency called My Argentina Home. They want me to pay 20% of the rent in order to book the room (I'm currently in Europe). Is that a normal procedure and does anyone know this agency? Thanks a lot!

Yup. it's standard. Unless an owner or an agency is just supposed to take " your word for it ". That's just not how real businesses work. Because if you don't show up the owner and or agency loses money time etc not to mention another client who does want to rent the apartment can't because the owner and or agency is " reserving " it for you.

I used a different agency, but I also paid 20% before arriving. And also brought the remainder of the rent in USD. They will send you a contract before you pay though, with all of the information.

Gabriella said:
Hi,
I'm going to Buenos Aires in October and have found an apartment through an agency called My Argentina Home. They want me to pay 20% of the rent in order to book the room (I'm currently in Europe). Is that a normal procedure and does anyone know this agency? Thanks a lot!

Yes like everyone else said this is a normal procedure, And if you are referring to http://www.myargentinahome.com/ then yes I have known Max for about 7 years, and I wouldn't hesitate to refer friends or family to him if they were looking for a short term rental.

A reservation fee of 20% of the total is standard, for one month STAY, in case of a no SHOW...!! Longer rentals to be negotiated...!!

Check this page Welcome2ba.com to compare prices and conditions...!! Rental can be paid in pesos at the Official exchange rate.... Good Deal

http://www.welcome2ba.com/?p=faq

2. What are the payment methods accepted to confirm the booking?
The 20% of the total that should be paid in advance to confirm the booking can be done through our credit card system, easy, quick and safe. Also it can be paid with PayPal, Western Union or Bank deposit (Valid only from Argentina)

3. What are the payment methods accepted for the rent?
The payment of the rent should be paid at the check in, ONLY in CASH in US Dollar and /or its equivalent in Euro o Pesos Argentines to the exchange rate of the day in which the booking becomes effective !!!!

Thanks a lot for your advice! It seemed normal to me too, but I don't know Argentina at all. I'll book the apartment! And yes, Max, the manager, seems really nice.

If you are coming for a long time, I recommend renting something for a month (or less) so you have a place, but don´t commit longer than that from abroad. You might find that you prefer a different neighborhood or a different type of apartment.

Gabbi,do you expect to be paid for any work you do?nah of course not!!!!

Back