Doctors fees

Thank you everyone. I did find a reasonably priced optician on Cabildo and also a foot person on the same street. Fingers crossed (or toes crossed, or eyes crossed) that the work will be done quickly enough, ie before I leave. Will let you all know how thia turns out.

Now, however, I do need a dentist after all because my crown fell off of a molar while I was enjoying a piece of cheese, lol. I just want it temporarily glued in. I tried to find one place but there is no sign downstairs. Am in Palermo next two days and then in San Telmo.
Isaac Meta, DDS, MS.
Av. Raul Scalabrini Ortiz 2089 – Piso 8 Dto. 30, Buenos Aires
Tel: + 54 11 4832 8320
Email Address: [email protected]
Medical Area of Specialization: Periodontology, Dental Implants & Rehabilitation,
Family Dentistry.

Actually I had much the same thing happen. I meet Issac via the American Embassy website. Very nice guy, professor of dentistry, price was quite reasonable.

I found his name in this site and requested an appointment via WhatsApp on the number above. I was sent from that WhatsApp conversation to:

Doctor: Dr(a).Mercedes Brusco
Hora(s): 12/01/2024 15:45
Dirección de atención: Marcelo Torcuato de Alvear 2163 5to piso, Comuna 2, Buenos Aires

And was told they speak English. It was just a cleaning, so I went. If they speak English, they didn’t speak it to me. (FYI- the cost was US$50)

First, I did contact Dr Isaac Meta (thanks to you Malandro!) and he is an excellent communicator on email. Very professional. He wasn't in his office today, tho was willing to see me Monday. To make a long story short, I passed a small dentist office near Cabildo this afternoon .... a modest place but friendly dentist, and re-cementing my crown only cost 15 dollars. If it holds up I will also share his name and contact info.

(Of course I let Mr Meta know, he was very nice about it).

And also, the two pairs of eye glasses are ready, after only two days! I just got basic lenses, and already had the prescription and the frames I wanted: price for the two lenses together was 57,000.

So far am pretty pleased. Didnt do lot of shopping around, just a little bit. However I do hear the advice about seeking major medical tourism in Turkey. I lived in Istanbul for two years from 1989 thru 1990, and recall how little doctors were paid at that time. I wondering that is why doctors have developed medical tourism there.

Enough! Best wishes

As far as custom orthotics.....I have no idea what is available here. I have used........Natural Foot Orthotics off Amazon for decades and they last and last....maybe for ten years. I realize you may need custom. The custom products years ago were junk. And keep in mind....Medical expenses are a toss-up right now with the currency changes. Don't look for any bargains.
Let me second this, my wife’s dr scholl’s orthotics fell apart after 3 weeks of very active (10 mile a day +) use

Thank you everyone. I did find a reasonably priced optician on Cabildo and also a foot person on the same street. Fingers crossed (or toes crossed, or eyes crossed) that the work will be done quickly enough, ie before I leave. Will let you all know how thia turns out.

Now, however, I do need a dentist after all because my crown fell off of a molar while I was enjoying a piece of cheese, lol. I just want it temporarily glued in. I tried to find one place but there is no sign downstairs. Am in Palermo next two days and then in San Telmo.
DentalArcos in Palermo. Juan speaks English. And is a great dentist.

Back