Documentary On Sexual Turism In Buenos Aires

Jeff soon became disillusioned with the American film industry so he came to BA in 2010.
Illuminate me already,Jeff.What are you really trying to tell us in this trailer? I think I need a little help.
You can get inexpensive sex all over South America
What is your message to the viewer? Is there a "saving grace" element here?
With all the problems we have in Argentina do we need this scholck?

These guys love to say, all women in Buenos aires - doing prostitution are being forced by a "gang". They dont want to accept or inform "their viewers", that many women in BA, do it cos they want to buy expensive iphones or go for holidays on the beaches in Uruguay or Brazil or simply pay their rent while they attend college!

Remind me - at one point there was a forum for those looking for "working girls" if I recall. It was discussed here.

I wish the sex trade was regulated more. I don't care how people choose to make a living as long as its free choice. I just want she (or he) to be safe.

I wish the sex trade was regulated more. I don't care how people choose to make a living as long as its free choice. I just want she (or he) to be safe.

Decriminalization of the sex trade is the best way to ensure everyone's safety. Once decriminalized, they can fire the pimp (if customer don't pay, they can call the police), operate on secure commercial establishments specific for that purpose, opt to accept only credit cards as a form of payments (which ensures a record of all customers and eliminates the need of a pimp to deal with non-paying customers), etc....

I would tell you the name of the forum CityGirl, but I think this site has an automatic blocker on it with that name. I've tried to mention it before (I know the owner, as well as the owners of a very popular bar here, which cannot be named) and it always gets blocked.

Prostitution, as a business transaction between two consenting adults, is guaranteed by the Argentine constitution, it is not merely decriminalized. However, it is still considered a profane profession by many here, and many working girls get together on occasion (they have a union) to petition the government to actually allow them to claim taxes (to be in the white) via monotributista and such. I think it's a shame that the constitution is so advanced in that regard and yet the people who run the country won't give it a fair shake. Prostitutes here make more money than doctors, very often, BTW.

The constitution forbids interaction of third parties between the worker and the payer. It's obviously to keep pimps from controlling things and having women working under duress. But during Cristina's time, she closed many, many bars where prostitutes hung out citing "human trafficking" (a very popular one is now the new Buller's, another one is a bank onVicente Lopez and Azcuenega and one of the most famous and high-class was right across the street from the Alvear Palace Hotel - and the concierge sent many, many men across the street. Hell, the taxi drivers used to get a percentage for suggesting the place to travelers), but using the fact that the girls had to get the guys to buy drinks before they could leave with the customer, and had to report back for more work afterward (or lose their job - it wasn't forced, but it was like any other job, it had hours and conditions) - thus a third party between the worker and the payer.

The sex worker union is complaining because so many venues where the girls could go to sell their wares have been shut down! Now most of the prostitution business is done via web pages on the internet, and things can be more dangerous for the girls (gee, imagine idiots in government getting involved and making things worse!) The real joke there is that the all of the clubs that were closed, that I know of, were full of women working willingly, and Cristina didn't close the places in the outlying areas in the province and other parts of Argentina where truly young girls and women are brought in from other countries as sex slaves and have to work off debts, etc.

Argentina is no longer a big destination for sex vacations, hasn't been really for 2 or 3 years. It used to be huge, but with the economy so expensive and most of the clubs closed (oh yeah - "La Pampita", which was actually called "Nuevo Estilo" on Las Pampas, was one of the last ones closed, last week [obviously not due to Cristina, though], but because the owner and some cops were mixed up in corruption), people don't come here any more (actually, really, no pun intended - it just slipped out! OK, that one was an intentional pun...)

First you say:
Prostitution, as a business transaction between two consenting adults, is guaranteed by the Argentine constitution, it is not merely decriminalized.

And right after you say:
...and many working girls get together on occasion (they have a union) to petition the government to actually allow them to claim taxes (to be in the white) via monotributista and such.

If prostitution was DEFACTO decriminalized, the prostitutes would be operating "in the white" and there would be no need to "petition" the government for anything. Saying that "it is in the constitution" means very little if in practice it does not happen. The reality is that despite any "progressive words" printed on paper, prostitution in Argentina is an underground/illegitimate business, and this is why there are pimps, human trafficking, etc...
Wanna make it safe and humane? Bring it above ground. Legalize it. Put it on the white. Allow credit card billing.

[background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]Legalize it. Put it on the white. Allow credit card billing[/background]

[background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]AND (1) [/background][background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]create a national registry for sex workers to include current residential address, etc. making it mandatory that it be updated on a monthly basis.[/background]

[background=rgb(252, 252, 252)](2) making it mandatory that every sex worker provide on a monthly basis a medical certificate from a licensed physician practicing in the municipality where the work activity is being rendered. [/background]

[background=rgb(252, 252, 252)](3) that the monthly medical exam be done at the sex worker's expense [/background]

Short of credit card billing, that was the way it worked out here in the province, and different to what EL QUESO claims,(i live out in the boondocks) there were no minors or women working against their will. Maybe he's talking about places further out where ''caudillos'' are still in power and work out some sort of deal between the ''provider'' of girls(pimp) and the local law enforcement. What i saw, i mean , not me this friend of mine, who told me, ;) , the ladies there had a pretty good idea about what they were doing and further more, some of them share with this friend of mine, their plans as for instance how long their tour would last and what for they were doing it.....(some Cordobesa was there to save up to open her second clothing store back home), and the men that would go , they had nothing to fear, since all the girls had their check ups monthly at the hospital and were issued a health card that allow them to work and had no problems in showing it to any client who asked for it......... After Cristi's great idea to shut them down, all these girls are working on the streets, no health check ups, no safe working eviroment, but i guess that put an end to human trafficking no? so it was worth it, thank you CRISTI!

gracielle.
As I'm sure you are aware all of the points you mentioned were part of the legalized prostituition legislation in force in Argentina up until 1936.
In 1955 Peron in his campaign against the Catholic Church wanted to re:legalize it in the same way.
Although the monthly medical exam was at the state's expense ,I believe
Moerover,he planned to build an elegant red light district in almost mid-town BA.
Sounds OK.At least,it's better than keeping everything in the shadows.

Back