Documentary On Sexual Turism In Buenos Aires

First you say:

And right after you say:

If prostitution was DEFACTO decriminalized, the prostitutes would be operating "in the white" and there would be no need to "petition" the government for anything. Saying that "it is in the constitution" means very little if in practice it does not happen. The reality is that despite any "progressive words" printed on paper, prostitution in Argentina is an underground/illegitimate business, and this is why there are pimps, human trafficking, etc...
Wanna make it safe and humane? Bring it above ground. Legalize it. Put it on the white. Allow credit card billing.

The way you presented my quote was as if I was saying two different things. You should have included the first part of the second quote, where I said " However, it is still considered a profane profession by many here..." instead of cutting it out and maybe making it look like I'm trying to say two different things. Not to mention the other parts where I'm talking about the government screwing up something that is supposed to be legal. I was actually commenting very similarly to what you were saying, just pointing out the FACT that there is no reason, beyond idiots int he government, for them to have this problem to begin with.

Prostitution isn't as underground as you are making it out to be - women aren't arrested, as far as I've seen, for prostitution. Businesses have been shut down for weak reasons, I feel, but valid when taken with what the constitution says.

And yes, given that the profession is still considered PROFANE, there are many people who don't recognize it as a white-enabled JOB, but show me where the people are being arrested for enacting prostitution transactions between two consenting adults - quite unlike places like the US.

I have to say man, I actually am with you in many things you say, but it seems that recently you have been more pedantic in searching for a way to make points.

Short of credit card billing, that was the way it worked out here in the province, and different to what EL QUESO claims,(i live out in the boondocks) there were no minors or women working against their will. Maybe he's talking about places further out where ''caudillos'' are still in power and work out some sort of deal between the ''provider'' of girls(pimp) and the local law enforcement. What i saw, i mean , not me this friend of mine, who told me, ;) , the ladies there had a pretty good idea about what they were doing and further more, some of them share with this friend of mine, their plans as for instance how long their tour would last and what for they were doing it.....(some Cordobesa was there to save up to open her second clothing store back home), and the men that would go , they had nothing to fear, since all the girls had their check ups monthly at the hospital and were issued a health card that allow them to work and had no problems in showing it to any client who asked for it......... After Cristi's great idea to shut them down, all these girls are working on the streets, no health check ups, no safe working eviroment, but i guess that put an end to human trafficking no? so it was worth it, thank you CRISTI!

I was talking about where the caudillos have more sway.

I know two women who came from Paraguay, who were offered to come to work as maids in Buenos Aires - all expenses paid to get here and find a job, who were forced into prostitution, one of them at 17. They worked in Entre Rios, I don't remember exactly where, and like many people in the bottom levels of society, when they managed to get away they didn't report anything to the police, but made their way to Buenos Aires, where they now work as willing prostitutes. My assumption is that where I've met two, there are more.

However, I was NOT saying that prostitution in Argentina is like that in general. I was merely talking about Cristina and her stupidity that even when she was claiming to do one thing, she was not even doing it "correctly", but was going after honest businesses.

I am well acquainted with many women here who have worked, and still do, in the profession. I came down here because my ex-partner was a whore-monger (or monger, as they are more properly called) and I didn't realize that he had pushed Argentina so hard for our business because he liked Latinas, Argentina was cheap and prostitution was legal, AND they had good IT infrastructure at the time.

But most of my expat friends are mongers (who I met through my buddy some 10 years ago). I've been to just about all of the clubs, and admittedly enjoyed the ambience. My best friend and new business partner had a house where he invited girls all of the time and we socialized with them, though I left before anything got serious (and my wife knew what I was doing, and trusted me implicitly, and I never let her down - she's plenty for me, though if I was single, I might not want to go through all the dating rigamarole and such at my age again...). I do get sick of hearing about the business all the time though - sometimes it's all they want to talk about and I prefer talking about politics or science! But I'm well acquainted with the business from both sides of the isle, so to speak, and heartily approve of it here because everyone of the women whom I've met are 100% free women, having made the choice to make money by having sex with men instead of working 70 hours a week cleaning apartments.

Though I have to admit that I relish the company of my wife, who chose to work hard instead of easy, but that is nothing more than a personal choice and I don't begrudge anyone else their choice.

And I do agree with you that Cristina was just stupid to shut down the clubs and send the girls to the street (those who are not business-savvy enough to put themselves son sensualbaires.com or other internet websites, or associate with my buddy's website where the expats go to find women). But the women that were in the clubs were the most expensive in the city usually. There are many better ways to find women than the clubs - that was for the tourists...and the Argentine men who actually wanted to be seen in some of the higher-class places like Black or Madaho's.

Back