Documents For Citizenship - Questions About Apostilles

Hi all! I am going through the same process. Does anyone have a channeler for the FBI good conduct form that they recommend?

Just did my prints today! (4 sets to reduce the chance of them getting rejected and taking even longer to process).
The channeler being used is National Credit Reporting. It's $59 (that includes $14 extra for 2-3 day processing; they said turnaround from sending is 7-10 days total vs. 3 months not going through a channeler). Good luck with the fingerprints - they are easy to mess up!

Great! thank you so much for letting me know about the channeler! i just got my prints and am going to look them up right now... I really appreciate it!!!

also they told me that if the prints get rejected, they will contact me ASAP by phone or email and then I can get them redone and pay something like $15 more and not the ~$60 fee all over again.

hi all! the good news is the channeled is great! i already got my federal good conduct report sent and am working on the apostilled. just to double check-- we only need the federal FBI good conduct report, not anything form the state or local level right?

How long did it take to get the documents apostilled for you guys? Plus shipping time? Just curious on how long I should expect. Hoping for a week or less... because the FBI documents took forever.

hi all! the good news is the channeled is great! i already got my federal good conduct report sent and am working on the apostilled. just to double check-- we only need the federal FBI good conduct report, not anything form the state or local level right?

as far as criminal clearance, you only need it "apostilled" (i.e. certified) from the dept. of state in DC. From the state, you get your certified birth certified from your county's records office and then send it to secretary of state for apostille. let me know if that's not clear (disclaimer: I haven't done the process yet - just a few weeks away - but this is what I've gathered here from other peoples' good advice)

How long did it take to get the documents apostilled for you guys? Plus shipping time? Just curious on how long I should expect. Hoping for a week or less... because the FBI documents took forever.

FBI documents don't take forever if you go through a channeler! anyway you probably already knew that, sorry to rub it in.

For the apostille I don't know yet... I'm sending it from within the states when I go home to visit... praying to a higher power that it gets processed and back to me before I leave (3 weeks later)!!!!

Hey all,
So I know that I need to get my certified birth certificate and I need to send it myself from within the US to get apostilled (I'm going anyway, otherwise I'd do it here but would need a notary for the appostille part ; so they told me at the office of the city where I was born).

Next for the FBI clearance, which I just found out ALSO need to be apostilled... but I don't think I need the notary for that apostille, that's why I wanted to double check with anyone who has done it.

Because I'm going back to the states, I realize i need to send it closer to the end of my visit... and that it would be voided if I sent it in now and then went to the states and if they had the clearance back to me while I'm still there. Correct?

But if I need to get it apostilled and only I can do that, shouldn't I do it from within the states? (but then it's invalidated since I'll still be there!)

Or is it just the birth certificate that only the actual person needs to submit it to get it apostilled, and for the FBI forms, anyone can send it in to get apostilled, no need to get the notary if I do it from here after I get back?

Sorry I know I haven't worded this very well but it sends my head spinning just thinking about it!
Apostille is very common here, but there is one guy (the normal notary thing doesn't work here) in SF who knows how to do it, he gets one stamp from Sac and his stamp
on your doc, that will be good for Argentina.

From emrose: on 12 December 2014 - 05:26 PM, said:

From Lucha54: FBI documents don't take forever if you go through a channeler! anyway you probably already knew that, sorry to rub it in.
For the apostille I don't know yet... I'm sending it from within the states when I go home to visit... praying to a higher power that it gets processed and back to me before I leave (3 weeks later)!!!!

I completed this paperwork in September and had my appointment here in October. I was in the States when I received my expedited FBI doc back from the channeler. I then used the expedited apostille service that the channeler recommended with my parents address for the return of the apostilled doc. I left a Fedex envelope addressed to my Argentine addess with my parents and then flew here. Ten days later I received the apostilled FBI doc at my Argentine address from my parents. With channeler and expedited services and fedex I paid about $450 for the FBI doc.

I completed this paperwork in September and had my appointment here in October. I was in the States when I received my expedited FBI doc back from the channeler. I then used the expedited apostille service that the channeler recommended with my parents address for the return of the apostilled doc. I left a Fedex envelope addressed to my Argentine addess with my parents and then flew here. Ten days later I received the apostilled FBI doc at my Argentine address from my parents. With channeler and expedited services and fedex I paid about $450 for the FBI doc.

$450 pesos or USD? Or did you mean $45 USD?

Back