Does anyone have a Spanish Tutor they love?

sketchyblueeyes

Registered
So I got back from a month in the states to learn that my tutor, whom i adored, got a job teaching at an institute :(

I'm looking for a replacement who wants to teach me twice a week, two hours per class (4 hours per week). I want to meet in a coffee place in barrio norte or belgrano (near the subte). I don't have my own materials, so I would expect the tutor to prepare materials and bring handouts and stuff. I am at a high intermediate level, and am looking for someone to really force me to speak, to learn grammar, and to teach me to understand when argentines talk to me.

Before I left, I was paying my former tutor 50 pesos/2 hours. If someone has a tutor they ADORE, i'd be willing to pay a bit more. I want someone who is good and reliable.

thanks peeps (also, i swear i'm not a newcomer! i'm getting close to a year here!)

Before I left, I was paying my former tutor 50 pesos/2 hours. If someone has a tutor they ADORE, i'd be willing to pay a bit more. I want someone who is good and reliable

Well, you get what you pay for. You could probably get some college kid to sit down and chat with you for 25 pesos an hour (but I hope you're paying for their coffee, which would take away 10 or 15 of those.) If you expect a highly-qualified, experienced teacher to prepare materials, explicitly explain grammar, work around your schedule, and design personalized lessons, then you should plan to compensate them accordingly. That said, I'm happy to recommend my excellent tutor, Gabriela (www.gabrielaferrante.com.) I've made major progress in fluency, vocabulary, and listening comprehension, and she's very good at eliciting language by keeping the conversation interesting and student-centered. She charges about 65 pesos per hour and will come meet you wherever.

Agreed - those prices are pretty low. I pay my tutor Gabriela (whom I adore and whole-heartedly recommend) 90 pesos for 90 minutes. She will work around your schedule and we usually meet in Belgrano so the the location should work for you. She's fantastic at customized lessons based on what you need/want. Homework can/can not be provided - again, depends on your desire and the entire class is 100% in Spanish.

I will PM you her number

I just started with a wonderful Argentine teacher, Noelia. Classes are 45 pesos an hour and the first class is free. She uses all types of teaching techniques to keep class interesting and has the perfect blend of kindness and patience for the struggling Spanish speaker. Her email is: [email protected]

Hi CityGirl - Just sent you a pm about your tutor. Anyone else have someone they think is fantastic?

Back