:: Does Customs Charge For Baby Products??

Artur

Registered
hi everyone,

We're finally having a baby next week!

Mom is coming down with a stroller and egg.
Will she be hit up at Customs?

Rumor has it they dont charge baby products.. that true?

thanks everyone!

Artur | founder
JuicyCanvas | Customizable Art-Prints

I never heard of any exception for baby products. She is allowed U$S 300 with no tax and then 50% for anything over that. That $300 is per person. Now, if she is a foreigner, she may just walk right through. However, some simple HTML changes to a receipt can make more expensive products look cheaper...

Any item is an article for tax purposes. She might be able to walk through with a gift but she better don't push it.

Good luck and congrats.

We came through with a stroller , still in its box about 2 years ago with no problems.

I did have my UK passport in my hand and suddenly forgot all the Spanish I had learned over the last 30 years.

I flashed my Scottish smile at the Customs official and she waved me through , thinking I was Sean Connery's cousin........

Hi! My brother came in with one of those Fisher Price Swings in the original box, my father came through with a Peg Perego stroller and a Graco Pack n Play, and my mother came through with the high chair in the original box. They all came to Argentina on different occasions, none of them got charged or asked anything. Hope it helps!
Good luck!

i heard baby things are tax exempt , we just came with 5 suitcases of baby stuff with no problem.

Back