does such a place exist in buenos aires?

If he really wants to save the planet he should kill himself. The population is breathing out (emitting) way too much carbon.

Unfortunately, even dying your body will release all the carbon its stored over years as bone and tissue. Whether you're cremated, or simply rot in the ground, you will inevitably release all that stored carbon.

Do mother nature a favour. Never die.

We should start ejecting all of our human dead into space to eventually fall into the sun and be burned up there. I don't think we can make a true carbon imprint in the sun's atmosphere and carbon is a natural developmental process in fusion reaction anyway...

What a worthless series of responses to a person looking for a serious answer. Hopefully he got enough of what he needed from the people who actually bothered to respond with courtesy and respect to his inquiry.

Just had to come back briefly to remind myself why I've taken several weeks' worth of vacation from this forum - such cynics! It's hard to be cynical from my spotty internet connection on the Atlantic coast so I'll sign off for now. Back to being b*tchy when I'm in Capital once again.

EliA said:
What a worthless series of responses to a person looking for a serious answer. Hopefully he got enough of what he needed from the people who actually bothered to respond with courtesy and respect to his inquiry.

Just had to come back briefly to remind myself why I've taken several weeks' worth of vacation from this forum - such cynics! It's hard to be cynical from my spotty internet connection on the Atlantic coast so I'll sign off for now. Back to being b*tchy when I'm in Capital once again.

We didn't miss you :p

Orwellian, speak for yourself.

And for what it's worth Eli, my response was dead serious. :cool: Welcome back?

Bradly, I know yours was serious and I for one second that approach for many reasons. And we both know I never really left.

I think the best thing green-conscious people can do are the same things they do at home: use less electricity, use fewer paper products, refuse plastic bags, etc. Plus the visitor could always buy some carbon credits if he feels bad about the flight!

Actually, Elia, he got a number of serious responses. And then he got some humorous responses (with the exception of "devc" who had to be an asshole).

Whatever happens, we should not lose our humor. There are too many that already have.

I agree humor should be - though often isn't - an indispensable element of life.

However, I resent the mocking of someone who wants to find an earth-friendly place to stay. There are still too many people who don't think that human impact on the world is a real, scary, imminent threat, and that indifference/disbelief was the sort of tone I took away from the 'funny' replies.

Back