Dog carrier advice

salchipapas

Registered
Hey there,
We are taking our tiny chihuahua back to the US with us for the first time and I was wondering if anyone can recommend a dog carrier, bought in Argentina, that will be approved to bring as carry-on for our flight.
Thanks!!

The pet carriers I see in vet shops here are the same ones sold in the US and should be fine. I was looking at them yesterday, in fact, while waiting for Mister the Westie to be released after a tooth cleaning. (Amenabar by Mendoza, btw)

The only catch I can think of is that the airlines officially want 2 food/water dishes attached. You rarely find carriers equipped with 2 in the US, and in my experience the airlines seldom say anything. But to be safe, you might start looking for snap-on food/water dishes that you can add to the carrier you buy.

Hi, I used a standard carrier bought in Argentina for my Yorkie (4lbs). We could not find the food carriers (like in the states) so we clipped on 2 (plastic) cups (bought in Coto). All was fine with AA. This was for a direct night flight from EZE to Miami.

Back