Dollar Blue $6,91 ...!! Historical Max. Future Trend Upwards

Its at $7 now.

http://www.ambito.co.../monedas/dolar/

I don't see it going BACK down to last summer's levels, whatever they were. Things have changed a lot. This isn't robots doing the buying or selling, markets aren't just mechanical operations, those thinking its going to go back to the levels of last summer are forgetting that the prices go up (or down) because of human decisions.

The more the government tries to grab people's savings (pesos that the people want to convert to dollars), the more fear people will have that the government wants to take away their hard work and the harder they will try to get dollars. Its as simple as that.

The price rise right now can be attributed to the holiday season (when is there NOT a holiday season here? November?) but thinking the prices are going to go back down to $5.50 or whatever is pretty naive.

Argentina needs to establish a dual currency system like in Cuba. A convertible currency for foreigners and 'Moneda National' for citizens with basic goods and services at low prices for citizens. And as in Cuba, Che's portrait should be on the currency as well!

Argentina needs to establish a dual currency system like in Cuba. A convertible currency for foreigners and 'Moneda National' for citizens with basic goods and services at low prices for citizens. And as in Cuba, Che's portrait should be on the currency as well!

We do have a dual currency system, the "free market" $7 peso dollar (runaway at the moment) and the official rate of $5 for the nomenclatura travels.... :D

Was in the bank the other day and they have the rate up on their digital machine for all to see!!buying was 4.9.I asked how much
one piece of moon rock would be cause I have more chance of buying that than dollars at 4.9 in the bank or any price.Why do they
bother?Like a butcher offering lamb at $25kilo but sorry I can't sell it to you!! ridiculous,or what.

7.05$ and going up...

A new example of the viveza criolla to get dollars:

El ingenio de los argentinos por lograr dólares no tiene límites. A días de comenzada la temporada alta en Uruguay, con una maniobra officially authorized, algunos astutos se hacen del billete a buen valor en una nueva modalidad denominada “dólar Punta del Este”.

Esto consiste en autoalquilar una vivienda, con una inmobiliaria amiga, en el balneario más top de la región y pagarla con tarjeta de crédito. Cuando se cobran los dólares de la operación, se los devuelven al dueño y la inmobiliaria se queda con la comisión.

Según destaca hoy el diario El Cronista, por esto se está cobrando un 8% de comisión, pero el Estado uruguayo, a modo de incentivo, (el cepo en Argentina afectó la llegada de turistas al vecino país) les devuelve el 10,5% del importe abonado por el inmueble.

Source: http://www.dolar-blue.com/

El Real Blue $3,40 pesos Arg....!

7.05$ and going up...

A new example of the viveza criolla to get dollars:

El ingenio de los argentinos por lograr dólares no tiene límites. A días de comenzada la temporada alta en Uruguay, con una maniobra officially authorized, algunos astutos se hacen del billete a buen valor en una nueva modalidad denominada “dólar Punta del Este”.
Esto consiste en autoalquilar una vivienda, con una inmobiliaria amiga, en el balneario más top de la región y pagarla con tarjeta de crédito. Cuando se cobran los dólares de la operación, se los devuelven al dueño y la inmobiliaria se queda con la comisión.
Según destaca hoy el diario El Cronista, por esto se está cobrando un 8% de comisión, pero el Estado uruguayo, a modo de incentivo, (el cepo en Argentina afectó la llegada de turistas al vecino país) les devuelve el 10,5% del importe abonado por el inmueble.

Source: http://www.dolar-blue.com/

Frenchie , Since you are a Euro expert can you explain the Blue Euro rate? it makes no sense? lower than the US Dollar?

"Así mismo, el euro se negocia sin variaciones a $ 6,36 para la punta compradora y a $ 6,55 para la vendedora."

One could buy 100 Euros at $6,55 and overseas get 130 dollars for the Euros?? or a dollar price $655/130 = $5.038 !!! This must be wrong?

Like I said this last year, the government's managed to screw things up really bad here. Capital flight is still rampant, possibly way worse than what they were trying to curtail (reportedly), but now its mostly done in the black market.

As for the Euro, it makes sense to me. Most transactions are done with dollars. People like dollars, the Euro isn't really all that popular here so the blue market rate lower than that of the dollar's could be explained that way. And I wouldn't be surprised if some people took advantage of that.

Rich One, if I was an Euro expert, I'd be a Rich One too!

The Euro rate you quote is the official one, not the Euro Bleu.

I guess the spread is a bit tighter for the Euro (on the informal market).

The information above (viveza criolla/Punta del Este) could eventually be used by Expats making an income in pesos & having an Argentinean bank account (maybe by going to Uruguay and ask Real Estate agents if something can be done). If that was my case, I'd give it a try.

Back