Dollar Blue Will Drop Like Stone

I guess it's purpose is to relay market friendly anti-govt stories out to an expat market who haven't a good enough grasp of spanish to read La Nacion or Clarin?

I am far from fluent but prefer to battle through La Nacion trying to pick up more vocabulary as I go. I feel like any time I've read the BA Herald that scanning the headline basically gives you 90% of the content.

When was the table drawn up

C5N is now owned by Vila Manzano and it has changed its editorial stance from semi independent to pro K

At the march of September 13, I was standing for hours beside the C5N truck in the Plaza de Mayo, at the back corner away from the Casa Rosada, where Avenida de Mayo meets calle Bolívar. The plaza was packed to the point where you could barely move, and the cameraman from C5N was on top of the truck with his camera pointed down an almost empty Avenida de Mayo the entire time, and this is what was shown on C5N, along with commentary, as I heard later, about how the march was a complete bust. That was the moment that I really understood just how bad these people are.

Yes, C5N is most certainly pro K.

(The pro-government press also reported variously about how bad tempered and dangerous the crowd was on the one hand, while quoting Medina and De Vido on the other hand saying that it was the well-dressed "Miami" crowd that "wouldn't even step on the grass" -- two diametrically opposed descriptions of crowds which contradicted C5N's manufactured image of no crowd at all.)

The Herald contains some of the most vigorous criticism of the government that you will find in the Argentine press. Given the government's sub-monolingualism, though, they probably don't care very much about that.

You have the people who spent a day or two learning english and putting the pro k news through google translate for the news posts and 3-4 journalists criticising the government.

Government measures to control the blue:

http://www.iprofesional.com/notas/161545-Operativo-torniquete-al-blue-todo-esto-hace-el-Gobierno-para-bajar-el-precio-del-dlar-paralelo

http://www.iprofesional.com/notas/161786-Vuelven-a-vender-bonos-dolarizados-para-que-baje-el-blue

buying bonds off an Argentine government? Yep, that's worked out so well for people in the past, hasn't it?

I wouldn't buy a dollar bill off this government if they were selling them for fifty cents.
However, if you happen to have some $$$ stashed and Moreno or one of his cronies suggests a visit from AFIP is in your future, you may be persuaded to change your view about AR paper. Think there is a lot of strong arm persuasion going on. Everyone seems to capitulate when threatened with an audit by the AFIP.

I have friends who work in the BA stock market. They expect the "blue" to go back up after the elections. If the gov't continues to print pesos and sell off reserves like they have been doing they expect the "blue" to go to a low of 11 and maybe up to 13 by new years.

My life was spent on the New York Stock Exchange... I have been away from it for about 10 years now .. but not away from trading the markets at all. In looking at the situation here in BA .. my feeling is like was mentioned above. With the upcoming elections they are doing all they can to make the current situation the best for the current people in charge in this government. If you all recall too.. they spoke to the Papal folks (I did not say pay pal) to organize the presence of the new Pope Francis not to come to the country until after the elections so that he would not interfere with the upcoming elections at all. They know he is a person who is close to the people so they did not want a bad experience or bad outcome. Of course too I suspect as others here in this forum the dollar exchange rate will certainly go in the opposite direction relatively soon after the elections.. but what will happen if Mrs. K does not get another bid? I am sure many are looking at the other side of the moon too. Would enjoy your thoughts on my thoughts too. All my best.

The contado con liqui info is at "Boletin de la rueda de la bolsa de comercio", the stock market newspaper. You can only buy it at the Stock Market and it is for stock traders. It cost about 3 pesos.

Back