Dollar "puree" No More???

Rich One

Registered
For those unfamiliar, Dollar Puree is the dollar Ahorro purchased at official rate at the bank and sold across the street at a Cueva at the Blue rate

Apparently Clarin reports that fewer buyers of Dollar Ahorro are selling at a Cueva because they expect that the dollar may climb more...? This seems to generate a shortage of Dollars and a spiral of the Blue dollar rate..??

Buyers Not opting to Puree their Dollar Ahorro :confused: Blue Dollar Price 15.10 pesos .... :eek:

I was talking with a buddy of mine this weekend, who is in pretty tight with a number of places down on Florida, about the blue rate and why it's lifting now. According to him, it has a lot to do with politics, with the FpV (or Cristina) being more concerned about the election than outright control. Apparently a lot of deals made by so many groups are so interdependent that there has been something of a battle behind the scenes with one side trying to pressure the other side in various ways. He mentioned as one of the "battles" a judge "on the other side" who had sent someone down south to investigate something that could have repercussions for Cristina or the FpV, and while this guy's investigator was coming back with this information, Cristina made a call and had the judge removed from the case, so the judge picked up another file related to another issue and went on...

Anecdotal evidence, surely, but something must be keeping the government from cracking down so hard on the change places.

Also according to my buddy, the cambios don't have any desire to see the dollar so low. According to my calculations where the peso, the dollar and the guarani are being traded relatively free (Paraguay), the actual rate between peso and dollar should be above 16. I don't know enough about supply and demand here, but I think the government's crackdown on the change houses had more to do with the low blue price than the relatively tiny amount the dollar puree was being traded.

Of course, I didn't think things were going to move this fast, needed money yesterday, and went down to change money, receiving 14.15. I should have waited another day! Seems like trying to time the blue market on when to change, particularly not doing it on Fridays and Mondays, may be back. However, while it's nice to not have to worry about such relative volatility (as the only thing that was good about the rate being held down artificially by the government, have to find silver linings somewhere), it's better to have the rate flowing again. I hope it keeps up.

15.10 now apparently.
http://www.lanacion.com.ar/1812275-tras-la-escalada-de-ayer-el-dolar-blue-abrio-sin-cambios-y-se-vende-a-1455

Going to be an interesting few months. Seems some of the momentum has shifted away from Macri which may have spooked a few people, who knows. All I know is that if Scioli wins the blue is going to be with us for some time to come.

rich one is super exited and super active today

Record sales of Dollar Ahorro in July US$733 million so far. Dollar Puree not Working?

New Record Dollar Ahorro Sales

http://www.infobae.c...as-dolar-ahorro

Dollar Puree ceased to function as the government had managed to mid-June, because now the savers who buy dollars authorized by the AFIP and not desperate to sell out in a cave and win 20% or 25% in a short time "highlighted one seasoned operator, at the end of a day, when the dollar again broke thru the ceiling of 15 pesos.

Once the Blu Dolar breaks the 15 point threshold, I expect my 10 point plan to eliminate this barbarous relic will be implemented.

After which Rich One and other Perma Tourists will be forced to get pesos legally!

Back