Dollars In Uruguay?

polostar88

Registered
Is it true that you can receive dollars in Uruguay? Are there any limits on how much and is it very easy, that is, is there a lot of paperwork or bureaucracy to receive just a couple of thousand or something with, say, Xoom?

Dollars are cake in URU especially in the bank and the ATMs. They use the dollar as mush or more than their pesos. Last I heard if pull over 1K at time you need to fill a form so they know your a narco or laundering but that really is no issue if you are legit. ATMs are chuck full of dollars too and give a choice USD or URA pesos.

You can receive dollars here using https://www.riamoneytransfer.com/

I never knew about this, is it true? What are the requirements/issues with this? Are there restrictions, is there paperwork? I thought I had to go to Uruguay...that's how it used to be.

Pensador when you say fill out paperwork, is it very difficult, onerous? Do they make you jump through hoops? If I just want a relative to send me like $2K do they make a big deal about it?

You can have someone in the states send you $2999. every three months using Ria money transfer.There is a $15 fee if it is sent directly from a bank account. You can pick it up in dollars or pesos and the peso rate is not bad. You can not send money to yourself like with xoom. Last time I checked the maximum you could send was $9999. every six months and maximux $2999. per transaction.

Back