Uruguay And Dollars: A Nuance On An Old Question

Vermonter

Registered
Hey folks,

I am aware that this subject gets brought up a lot on this forum, and I'm not here to gripe about the complications surrounding the movement of dollars in and out of the country. However, I have a friend who needs to send money, dollars more specifically, to an account abroad, and we'd like to know if it is possible to do this in Uruguay. Normally there are problems with obtaining dollars, but I haven't been able to find information on sending dollars. If anyone knows what companies or money transfer businesses are available in Uruguay that perform this type of transaction such information would be extremely valuable.

I welcome any and all suggestions

Cheers

I can't speak to sending dollars FROM uruguay, but I have wired money from my US bank account to a bank account IN uruguay, so I'd have to imagine it works the other way around as well.

Depending on exactly what needs to be done sometimes you can get a person with a bank account in the destination country to wire money for you and pay them in cash here.

Hey folks,

I am aware that this subject gets brought up a lot on this forum, and I'm not here to gripe about the complications surrounding the movement of dollars in and out of the country. However, I have a friend who needs to send money, dollars more specifically, to an account abroad, and we'd like to know if it is possible to do this in Uruguay. Normally there are problems with obtaining dollars, but I haven't been able to find information on sending dollars. If anyone knows what companies or money transfer businesses are available in Uruguay that perform this type of transaction such information would be extremely valuable.

I welcome any and all suggestions

Cheers
Let me know the avg amount and I can try to hook you up with a reliable person to do this.

Back