Dollars In Uruguay

Iwaslukky

Registered
Sorry if i start a new thread for this old and already discussed topic... but I tried to find any recent posts with updated info about this without luck. Basically just wondering if something has changed recently regarding the possibility to withdraw dollars with a European debit card in Colonia. Will any cash machine work? Whats the limit? Can i do it on Saturdays too? Is there a risk that the machines are empty on a weekend around Christmas? Any other tip?

Thanks.

Tips....! European DEBIT card in Colonia...!! ??

General avoid week ends ans Mondays, ATM extraction limit US$300.

I was in Montevideo last weekend and the limit was $300 per transaction, but I believe that you can do three transactions in a day. The main obstacle would probably be whether your bank allows you to take out that much in a day or if they have a weekly limit or something. I doubt they would run out of money.

I was in Montevideo last weekend and the limit was $300 per transaction, but I believe that you can do three transactions in a day. The main obstacle would probably be whether your bank allows you to take out that much in a day or if they have a weekly limit or something. I doubt they would run out of money.

I can make 8 withdrawals a day but the limit on my card is 2500$ (300x8)

Weren't able to do it on Sunday with an Irish debit card, options seemed to be debit account in URU or debti account in USD, didn't want to work with an Irish debit card.

We're here long term so it's time to look into a USD account in Uruguay I believe.

PS...the famous chivito was awful! Dried up tough and chewy. Give me a sandwich de lomo completo any day ;)

PPS...spent a few days in Punte del Este. Holy good god of extortion.....eye wateringly expensive!

Weren't able to do it on Sunday with an Irish debit card, options seemed to be debit account in URU or debti account in USD, didn't want to work with an Irish debit card.

Hi, couldn't you take out anything at all at any time? or just on the sunday you mean? Did you try different banks?

The ATM gives you the option to make a transaction in UYU or USD. That means what currency will be dispensed, it has nothing to do with the funds your account is based on.

Hi, couldn't you take out anything at all at any time? or just on the sunday you mean? Did you try different banks?

No luck on Sunday. Suspect it is an Irish with the Irish cards. Strangely we could pay with the Irish credit card and have been able to transfer the balance from bank account to irish credit card, but we could not take out dollars, anywhere in P del E or Colonia.

Back