Domestic Worker Is Pregnant--Question About Bennefits

Montauk_Project

Registered
The woman who cleans our apartment once a week came back from vacation, and is 6 months pregnant (we thought it was weight gain). She is in white and works the minimum, 6 hours per week. For her maternity leave, do we need to pay it, does the government have to?
She isn`t really in the system (has a daughter and never requested "asignacion universal" which I told her to do, including the pregancy bennefits).
Any tips welcome.

Hello
Here you can find more info.
It is required some conditions. Anses pay for her maternity leave

She must be working for you at least for 3 months.
If she is not argentinian, there are other conditions

www.presupuestofamiliar.com.ar/empleada-domestica-licencia-maternidad/

You cannot fire her (unless you want to pay the fine), but as it was said, ANSES pays for her licence.

You cannot fire her (unless you want to pay the fine), but as it was said, ANSES pays for her licence.

Mr. Lawyer if you want to give advice about affairs related to other things than KKretina politics, then learn the correct terminology. "Licencia" in this case would be "Maternity Leave". NOT licence.

The woman who cleans our apartment once a week came back from vacation, and is 6 months pregnant (we thought it was weight gain). She is in white and works the minimum, 6 hours per week. For her maternity leave, do we need to pay it, does the government have to?
She isn`t really in the system (has a daughter and never requested "asignacion universal" which I told her to do, including the pregancy bennefits).
Any tips welcome.

We just experienced this same situation with our cleaning lady so let me give you some insight

1. As bajo said, you can't fire her. although I know it's not what you meant​
2. Our cleaning lady had miscarriage risks throughout the pregnancy. This meant that she could not work during the entire pregnancy. By law you have to pay her up to 3 months of “sick days” as long as she shows medical proof. After the 3 months no more pay until she either reinstates to work or gets to -45 days of the expected due date (also stated by her doctor)​
3. For 3 months anses pays her, that is -45 days of her expected due date and +45 days after the birth, then she’s supposed to get back to work.​
4. She’s supposed to do all the paper work at anses to get paid, you just need to state in their website the situation (there’s a form you need to fill online, can’t remember the number exactly)​
5. When she gets back she’ll work 5 hours cause she is entitled to the “breastfeeding hour” for six months after the birth, which means you’ll still have to pay her for 6 hours​
6. For six months after the birth you can’t fire her, reduce her working hours, reduce her pay… after that you are free​
7. Good luck, it took us a lot of patience and time to get things sorted out.​

I see you've adjusted to life in the Big Apple, personality included.

Thanks Bradly, I appreciate the KKompliment. Even though I am back in New York, I still have a lot of ties to Argentina and consider myself "bien criollo". So let me ask you a question......Bradly, decime, te la comés con chimi o criolla?(hablando del chori, of course)

Thanks Bradly, I appreciate the KKompliment. Even though I am back in New York, I still have a lot of ties to Argentina and consider myself "bien criollo". So let me ask you a question......Bradly, decime, te la comés con chimi o criolla?(hablando del chori, of course)

It's probably time for you to move on. Really.

Mr. Lawyer if you want to give advice about affairs related to other things than KKretina politics, then learn the correct terminology. "Licencia" in this case would be "Maternity Leave". NOT licence.

Rude and unecessary. Why bother?

I wonder whose comment is more useful? Your pedantic chirping or the local lawyer's comment which responded directly to the OP?

Thanks for all the tips, especially Cuore. No, I wasn´t asking how to fire her and would never fire a pregnant woman. I´m not Mr. Burns.
She is going to get the asignacion para embarazadas and will see about one for her other daughter. I was shocked that she wasn´t getting this already. In fact, if I didn´t tell her about it she wouldn´t have known. . . that is good that ANSES will pay her maternity leave,

Back