Don't Ask Me! I Don't Know! I'm Just The Minister Of Economy

estebandepraga

Registered
When asked this morning about the number of pooor people in Argentina, our beloved Axel said that he didnt know and he thought to discuss it was stigmatizing! Right on, Axel! Hear no evil , see no evil, speak no evil and then there is no evil! God how he's a fast learner!

It seems the new buzz word in Argentina is "estigmatizar." I never noticed it being used so much before.

Just though of this now. Funny how so many quotes to be quited and linked to the ministers of Economy are negative

When asked about inflation, the clown, former minister of economy, Hernan Lorenzino in a live interview witha Greek Journalist says "Me quiero ir!" The Greek journalist was the reprimanded by his Argie assistant saying that even Argentine journalists don't dare ask such things as it is a complicated matter
During the last 2001-2 economic crisis, there were 4 including Cavallo and our beloved Capitanich who did NOT return USD to depositers whos had USD in bank accounts.And months before, all were promised that any deposits in USD would be returned in USD!
and today's statement from boy wonder! and he also said it was a complicated matter!

Yes, this concerns to the Minister of social wealth, Alicia Kirshner.
It is good that a public officer admits he doesn't know something, we had issues with politicians who were megalomaniac in this country. To admit ignorancy show he is humble.

It is good that a public officer admits he doesn't know something, we had issues with politicians who were megalomaniac in this country. To admit ignorancy show he is humble.
Sure, but maybe this is the kind of thing a public official in his position should know about? Maybe this was a poor career choice for this fellow.

I would think that being aware of the demographics relating to the population of the country you are over seeing economically would be absolutely critical. It would be almost impossible to make sound judgments or plan economic strategies effectively without an adequate understanding of household incomes and income demographics within the population. How could you target an economic problem like poverty if you had no understanding of it or data to work with? Don't you think?

Even in my company I look at the demographics of any market I target with a product before I make a decision on whether not a project is go.

The point is, you can talk about the number of people earning below a certain amount, you can talk about the number of people not having access to sewage system, you can even talk about people not getting a certain number of calories per day... but number of poor people? it's like asking somebody if he believes in god. what does that even mean?! anyway, the answer was poor, no pun intended. he could have answered better!

Humble....??? :D He sure knows the number but doesn't want to disclose it and assume It has Increased . For the same reason the INDEC stopped publishing the poverty %...! :cool:

Back