Don't run, fly--- a different way to get to Uruguay

tez said:
Really? Why? It's not like you can't find it on Google. And, assuming something is shady, what makes it less so if I post a link to it?

Now you´re doing an excellent job as ¨a friend¨ with their business expansion plans. Glad to read they are not compensating you for your services. You can proudly announce to them that your actions caused four prospective passengers to opt for the not so scenic ferry with all of its troubling lines and congestion problems.

What?! Are you serious??? Honestly I was really just curious what would change opinions vs posting the link or not, seeing as I'd already made my decision, and you were so opinionated on it. No desire to fill me in? Have this forum be an actual helpful place? As opposed to a battle ground where you can try and glean a little satisfaction from... from I don't know what, actually. Hopefully you've found it though.

If you really were interested, you would have emailed, so I'm not too worried about your business. Besides you've been very clear to prefer you 182 peso Seacat, which is completely respectable and understandable.

What I am worried about is anyone else reading this thread and maybe getting doubts from your so very helpful opinions. I would appreciate it if you would come back with some valid, logical opinions, but I doubt that will happen.

People like you are what make so many expats stay away from this forum. Poison. I wish you would stay off my thread.

tez said:
What?! Are you serious??? Honestly I was really just curious what would change opinions vs posting the link or not, seeing as I'd already made my decision, and you were so opinionated on it. No desire to fill me in? Have this forum be an actual helpful place? As opposed to a battle ground where you can try and glean a little satisfaction from... from I don't know what, actually. Hopefully you've found it though.

If you really were interested, you would have emailed, so I'm not too worried about your business. Besides you've been very clear to prefer you 182 peso Seacat, which is completely respectable and understandable.

What I am worried about is anyone else reading this thread and maybe getting doubts from your so very helpful opinions. I would appreciate it if you would come back with some valid, logical opinions, but I doubt that will happen.

People like you are what make so many expats stay away from this forum. Poison. I wish you would stay off my thread.

Do you actually read what you write? Maybe even worse, do you actually believe what you write?! If your intention was to ¨Have this forum be an actual helpful place,¨ you would have posted the link for all to read, investigate and comment. Is that logical enough for you? It is you who has used words like ¨battleground¨ and ¨shady¨ to market your friend´s service. Why does anyone need to message you for the information? Is a possible reason because you need to keep a record of requests? You did mention you were not compensated for your services but maybe this is a way your friends can pay you a commission or finders fee in the future? At this stage, you continue to create more questions for every would be customer. By the way, why would asking a question or making a statement, as tough as it might seem, tend to drive away anyone from this forum? Finally, your solution to salvage a marketing scheme that´s in a tailspin (pun intended) is to target your potential clientele by calling them poison. That´s a brilliant business plan.

For the record, I asked her for the details in a PM, and she sent me the link and told me about her experiences with the service. Anyone who wants to know about this just has to ask.

I don't see what all the fuss is about whether there should be a link or not.

I would assume her hesitation is because if she now posted the name of the business, this thread would probably come up in google searches on the company name and since the thread has taken a negative turn, there would be no value in it.

I have had a similar experience. As a result, I no longer give recommendations since it can wind up hurting the very businesses I wanted to help.

FWIW - I would assume any interested customer could easily email her and get the info. I probably will just to have for reference. Sounds like a great way to entertain friends that visit.

steveinbsas said:
How can an Emperor who has probably read as many posts on this forum as I have still feel the "duty" to place himself in temporary exile when no court (at least in Argentina) recognizes the need for him to do so?

I'm working towards citizenship with nothing but tourist visas for 5 years, I want to ruffle as few feathers as possible.

Also, if I sat on duff eating grapes & hollandaise sauce all day, I wouldn't have seen this last night:

432357_10150843683152538_567077537_12855876_1997385385_n.jpg

Que lindo, no? (Plus, I missed CFK's verbal vomit because I was "taking" sun and then eating a chivito completo in the town that time forgot.)

Sounds a like a lot more fun than sitting on a boat for the 4th time in a year (not that I do, but for those that do).

As for the link - whatever. Another reason not to put it up is 'sometimes' the powers that be don't like anything that could be even a neighbour to direct selling of services on the forum. Sometimes.

Just as va2ba's case, I also asked loosely for more info on pm and she replied in great detail and with a glowing attitude!

For the record, I've been trying to take instruction hours, flying lessons, for a year in Argentina and find this thread and offer immensely helpful.

Thanks Tez! Hope to meet you soon and shoot that beautiful delta!

I've met Tez before, I can vouch that she isn't trying to dupe anyone with this plan. I'd be interested trying organize this sometime before April 15th. I'd prefer a weekend day, Sat or Sun, and making a day out of it as suggested. Is anyone else up for this?

Back