Don't Trust Anyone, They Say

...and who knows what he might do to my house in retaliation? Don't forget, we are in Buenos Aires!

You should have posted my name. It doesn't bother me, I'm one of the most prolific posters on the board, have been a member for 3 years and know in real life quite a few other members. If you had posted my name, I'm sure there would have been plenty of people who would have vouched for me. If you remember, I've hosted gatherings with complete strangers off this board at my house several times. I think its quite a stretch to believe that I'm the type of person who would trash your house.

Since I'm outing myself, I guess I'll try to justify my actions here.

I'm sorry that I didn't make our 7o clock. I got held up in the train which was delayed leaving retiro and then inexplicably stopped in the middle of the route between stations and stayed there for a bit. I should have called but my I'm very hesitant to take out my phone (and especially so to use it to speak english) on the train when there are sketchy looking characters around. I got your text message asking if I was still coming at 7:23 last night, and within 10 minutes responded apologizing for my tardiness and asking you if 8:20 would too late for me to come by and see the silverware and if it were, could we arrange to meet up tomorrow (today).

I didn't get any reply from you so I just figured that I would call today and arrange a new time. I was utterly shocked to see this post and the conclusions that you jumped to without even calling me or replying to my text message. You seem very concerned that I know way too much about you. Let me put your mind at ease. Other than what you've posted on the board, I know your phone number (and that you use personal) and the street you live on and the closest cross street, I don't have your exact address because I wrote it on my starbuck receipt which I threw away when emptying my pockets last night, I'm not even sure I know your real name. I don't know if something has happened to you in the past to make you so scared; if it has I'm truly sorry that I made you relive that experience. I just wish that you had made a bit more of an effort to communicate with me before making this post.

There are no hard feelings from me. If you have had your doubts assuaged I hope that you'll consider deleting this post. If you still feel that I'm probably a creep and would like to leave this warning up, thats ok too.

P.S. No idea if you're still interested in selling to me, but if you are, I'm still interested in the silverware.

PhilipDT, thanks for contacting me and for sending the text, i actually did not see the text until now. I now understand about your not wanted to take out your phone. I started the new thread because i needed to vent a bit. I would not have outed you. I am a bit under stress closing down a whole house. I appreciate your response and your explanation. No hard feelings here, either.

i would like to delete the thread but i don't know how. Has it been live for too long?

I once sold a bunch of stuff on the board, just small items. Various food things and other stuff I wasn't going to have a chance to use before leaving. I'd meet people at the front door and make the exchange, and only did it when my roommates and/or boyfriend were home. I had several people flake and never heard from them again. I just figured Argentine flakiness had worn off on them and wasn't offended. That, or cell phones so often screw up I might never have received the text. (I had a pretty shitty phone). I also handled it this way: I'd say, "I'll be home between X and X o'clock. Stop by then." Of course, if you're running around like a madwoman getting things ready for the big move, that might not be feasible. But if people want things bad enough, they will work around your schedule. I sold everything in less than a week. If someone disappears, sell the item to someone else. Don't waste your time or energy trying to chase people unless you're really desperate to get rid of something. Good luck with everything!

Paranoia strikes deep.
Into your life it will creep.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BWTqj5lvkFs

Wow, never expected that Mr.PhilipDT was the person in regards of being the Flake and mariposa posting the incident so soon after with. But glad to read that you two can make it up and the silverware goes to the buyer.By the way, the house items for sale, receipts in Dollars or Pesos?...I was just thinking if in Pesos then the exchange hussles arising, you know this topic of Pesos convertability into the Dollars is very intense in here...Thus very curious...?

Paranoia strikes deep.
Into your life it will creep.

Jee, I really miss my cowboy jacket with the fringes on the sleeves. All the chicks in the 8th grade really dug that jacket, and my lime green, polyester bell-bottom pants. (I'm actually not making this up). :)

He,he,he...Polyester and bell bottom slacks! I even had fancied an "Afro hair style" very prevalent back in the states in N.Y.C. in the 70's in tune for having the superiority or ascendancy.!

hahaha...this whole thread made me laugh. smh If anything has been concluded by what occurred it's that you guys are an unorganized bunch ;-) Pull it together boys...

Back