Donuts In Ba!

I have heard of Magic Donut, but I admit I have never been there. I recommend La Churreria, Juramento 1589----right off of Libertador! Very yummy and almost like home! :wub:

To be honest, I've been very disappointed every time I've tried American style baked goods (brownies, doughnuts, etc) I have yet to try bagels there's a shop near Paraguay and Uruguay but it was closed on Saturday. I'll have to see if those are any good. The way I see things is that I'll just enjoy the amazing baked goods that are good here (medias lunas, empanadas, alfajores, you know the drill) do I miss all the other stuff, do I miss The Cheesecake Factory, yeah sure, but I think I'm happy to be here and I can live without all the extra calories. Amazingly, and considering how much I've been eating, all the walking has caused me to lose weight, I'm thrilled!

Too bad we can't get Krispy Cremes in Argentina. They're absolute heaven!
The only time I've ever thought that Krispy Cremes were any good at all was when I was standing there in the store and ate a warm one. Other than that, they were pretty much crap.

A friend told me the Donut Factory in NY es the best. She said they have rosewater donuts.

Ok guys, were you trying to make me hungry?? Mission accomplished. Maybe it's up to one of us to open a donut shop here. Put a big sign with a picture of Homer Simpson and I bet it would launch with flying colors. And put up a house of pies while you're at it please.

Magic Donut is 1.5 blocks away from me, and I think they do a fine job of satiating doughnut desires. Just putting in my vote.

There used to be 10 Dunkin Donuts stores in Buenos Aires back in the 90s, but they went out of business. I guess they were doing pretty bad as at some point they started selling concert tickets. The only memory I have at a Dunkin Donuts in BA is being there to buy a ticket for an Alanis Morissette concert.

To be honest, I've been very disappointed every time I've tried American style baked goods (brownies, doughnuts, etc) I have yet to try bagels there's a shop near Paraguay and Uruguay but it was closed on Saturday. I'll have to see if those are any good. The way I see things is that I'll just enjoy the amazing baked goods that are good here (medias lunas, empanadas, alfajores, you know the drill) do I miss all the other stuff, do I miss The Cheesecake Factory, yeah sure, but I think I'm happy to be here and I can live without all the extra calories. Amazingly, and considering how much I've been eating, all the walking has caused me to lose weight, I'm thrilled!

Word on the Street is that they are building a Cheesecake Factory that will open soon....

I believe in Bakeries here if I am not mistaken, that a doughnut is called a "bola de freire" (friar's cap). I have a bakery down the street that sells them, and if they are fresh, they are freaking good. But they are not exactly like American doughnuts--no glaze and are usually coated with some sugar on the outside instead.

The only time I've ever thought that Krispy Cremes were any good at all was when I was standing there in the store and ate a warm one. Other than that, they were pretty much crap.

Just the smell of Krispy kremes makes me feel ill. However I used to like Entenmanns, granted that was back in university when I also liked Domino's pizza (mainly because of the delivery offer they had to our student residence, small pizza and a can of coke for I think 8 bucks?)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
BairesFlet Expat Life 2
BairesFlet Food and Drink 4
B Food and Drink 0
StuckLikeGlue Expat Life 20
Back