Doughnuts - desperate craving for...

on the brink

Registered
Been looking for doughnuts. Tried a place in Martinez and got an overpriced, undercooked, inedible piece of clay-like dough.

Does anyone know where to get a decent one?

Been looking for doughnuts. Tried a place in Martinez and got an overpriced, undercooked, inedible piece of clay-like dough.

Like DunkinDonuts kind? Good luck although some panadarias here, on occasion, turn out remotely similar kinds. Then the next time you try to buy, nothing even similar. On the bright side, it's good for your waist not finding them.

What I wouldn't give to have a Krispy Kreme shop nearby.

This article-
-lists 4 places, but notes that two of them are now closed

This article-
-talks about Don Us, one of the two from the first article that are (apparently) still in business

That inedible doughnut was from Don Us Company in Acasusso, across Libertador from Carrefour Market.

Awful - one bite, and straight into the trash it went. Priced as four medialunas from the local bakery.

Lots of delicious sweets in Argentina, but for a taste of home...

....raised/glazed doughnuts and apple fritters aren't super-hard to make.
"Preppy Kitchen" channel on YouTube has some easy to follow recipes.

What I wouldn't give to have a Krispy Kreme shop nearby.

You might not have to wait too long: where France goes, can Argentina be far behind?
(Bugger. Can't seem to cut'n'paste on this stupid device. Just Google Krispy Kreme Paris to see what I'm on about)

Back