Dove Hunting

Jerbo

Registered
A friend will be visiting Argentina. While here, he wants to dove hunt. He looked online and called a few places. He repeated some prices to me, and they seemed very high. Like $750 dollars per day.

Does anyone have any suggestions about dove hunting in Argentina?

I understand not everyone approves of this activity. I was asked to get some information. So all I'm doing is fulfilling that request. Thanks for your understanding.

A friend will be visiting Argentina. While here, he wants to dove hunt. He looked online and called a few places. He repeated some prices to me, and they seemed very high. Like $750 dollars per day.

Does anyone have any suggestions about dove hunting in Argentina?

I understand not everyone approves of this activity. I was asked to get some information. So all I'm doing is fulfilling that request. Thanks for your understanding.

I did a quick search in spanish to see what I could find. Had never heard of 'dove huntng'; looks to be an expensive hobby to kill animals for fun.

Here is an interesting article from a few years ago I found in la nación, see below.

The prices your friend was quoted seem about right from what the article says. Though they also offer alternative, cheaper and less regulated, alternatives to Argentina/Cordoba. Your friend may prefer one of those options.

Personally I think they should re evaluate their hobby. If you are going to hunt, 'humanely' kill, and then eat the prey, well that's one thing, but flying thousands of miles to kill birds for 'sport' just seems barbaric, despite the understandable lust for blood and related psychological reward mechanisms which explain such baser human proclivities.

Anyway, good luck,

Cheers!

I'd like to see your face when you go to harvest and come up a third short due to doves and or parrots, it is called pest control, nothing more or less

Reactions: Jed
I'd like to see your face when you go to harvest and come up a third short due to doves and or parrots, it is called pest control, nothing more or less

I don't have a problem with pest control, I just think hunting purely for the 'sport' of shooting 1000 birds a day and not eating them is a joke.

It's shooting fish in a barrel.

Go stalk a deer for a few days and then butcher and eat the meat. Or go fishing and cook up the catch.

Anyway, I know people have different views on this, I've shared mine, you are free to disagree..

Interestingly it looks like the same topic was covered here in 2012, enjoy the read lol :

https://baexpats.org/threads/dove-hunting-in-argentina.22915

Cheers!

You might want to look into it, for instance, in the tres arroyos county near the beach, they normally gather the doves , pluck them, gut them and give them to the orphanage near the area so the meat doesn't go to waste...... as far as shooting fish in a barrel, yep that's pretty much it, however in order to control pests, is either that or poison,,,,, they tried poison already and didn't work all that great due to other species eating the poisoned doves and also dying .
So in short, no one wants to get their hands dirty(and have the tendency to look down on those who do) but they do want their soy milk to be a fair price........ or when you have an asado did you think they talk cattle to death?lol

Back