Huge deposit reqs when apartment hunting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Green

Registered
Hi everyone! In a few months my landlord plans to sell the rental apartment I live in. I wanted to find an affordable apartment, but most of them require a huge deposit. I don't know where or how to find an apartment with direct payment or something, or even a roommate. How did you solve this problem, if you experienced it?

Thank you in advance.

Read new postings on this Board on new regulations and loans to pay for Seguro de Caucion/Insurance Garantia. Also letter from SSA showing passive income helps. You can stay in your current place, the new owner may want a good tenant.

Check for temporary , six months, rentals in pesos . Like in solodueños. 50 % increase every six months. Two/three months rent to move in. Estimate 120.000/month pesos for a studio.

Good Luck

Hi everyone! In a few months my landlord plans to sell the rental apartment I live in. I wanted to find an affordable apartment, but most of them require a huge deposit. I don't know where or how to find an apartment with direct payment or something, or even a roommate. How did you solve this problem, if you experienced it?

Thank you in advance.

Have you any friends or acquaintances who are inmobiliarias? Or friends of friends who are? If I were you, one way or another, I would go out of my way to cultivate a personal relationship with an inmobiliaria. You have time.

Years ago I left a rental deposit. Once. Since then, I have not been asked for a penny. Nor asked to sign any contract. My friend the inmobiliaria takes care of everything. She and her family have become among my best friends. That’s the best advice that I can offer. Go with the locals, eschew the Americans.

There have been a ton of threads like this lately! It seems like very few of us are having any luck finding an apartment.

Years ago I left a rental deposit. Once. Since then, I have not been asked for a penny. Nor asked to sign any contract. My friend the inmobiliaria takes care of everything. She and her family have become among my best friends.
Can you imagine an apartment owner who would allow a tenant to move in without signing a contract? Most likely, someone else signed the contract, and you are unofficially subletting and paying double.
But what wouldn't you do for a true friendship?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back