Down, down, down (a peso devaluation thread)

captainmcd said:
Maybe there should be a new thread about U.S. politics and/or the Tea Party! This thread seems to have strayed pretty far from the devaluation of the peso.

The "appropriate" forum for the subject is the Wold Politics forum. New posts in that forum do not appear on the home page so they often go unnoticed. If you start a thread about the Tea Party in another forum it will likely be moved to the world politics arena by those who control the site.

One exception was Fred Mertz's thread about having a Tea Party in Buenos Aires. I think it's still open but may not have any recent posts that would bump it back to the list on the home page.

Internet: the place were every discussion boils down to a comparison of X with Hitler.

captainmcd said:
Maybe there should be a new thread about U.S. politics and/or the Tea Party! This thread seems to have strayed pretty far from the devaluation of the peso. I
In fact, I think, the thread went perhaps to the core of the issue. In a good part, AR peso value depends on US monetary policy. So, if republicans (+ Tea) get to cut federal expending & money printing off, then dollar up, commodities down, China exports and growth up, less dollars coming to Argentina, peso down.This scenario lacks the evaluation of a) Impact of higher China growth in Argentina¨s economy B) Degree of Argentine exports increase according to lower peso value.
In the present scene, with no substancial reduce on american expènding till 2013, there is no high risk of an extreme devaluation on AR peso.

P.S. :Here It would be Mate party ?

I think I'm going to stick this note here too in case that someone missed it...

The New York Times advises Obama

to draw inspiration from Argentina

....go figure!!!.

nyt-e1314987743945.jpg

United States, September 2, 2011

The New York Times published an editorial which highlights the achievements of Argentina after the 2001 crisis and calls U.S. president Barack Obama and Congress to draw on the South American country.

The newspaper said that while Argentina does not seem to be one of the countries in offer lessons on managing the economic woes of its many dictatorships and market experiments, acknowledges that following the 2001 crisis, the country has gotten an economic U-turn, “an achievement largely unnoticed outside Latin America, but one that President Obama and Congress should look to for inspiration”.

And it adds: “Argentina is not without problems, but its recent economic record speaks for itself: the economy has grown by over 6 percent a year for seven of the last eight years, unemployment has been cut to under 8 percent today from over 20 percent in 2002, and the poverty level has fallen by almost half over the last decade. The streets of Buenos Aires are choked with cars as Argentines are on track to buy some 800,000 new vehicles this year; the wine mecca of Mendoza is full of high-end tasting rooms, hotels and restaurants offering regional haute cuisine; and plasma TVs and BlackBerrys have become household staples among the urban middle class”.

And it continues: “Argentina has regained its prosperity partly out of dumb luck: a commodity price boom has vastly benefitted this soy, corn and wheat producer. But it has also prospered thanks to smart economic measures. The government intervened to keep the value of its currency low, which boosts local industry by making Argentina’s exports cheaper abroad while keeping foreign imports expensive”.

Source

cheshire-cat-2.jpg

Cheers.

Back