Driver License

I just came accross baexpats website yesterday and just found out the CITIZENSHIP route.

I have been trying the RESIDENCY route since 2004. Frustrated like hell with this process. Dead end. Now they require $2200 monthly GOVERNMENT pension. (I never worked for the government so my government pension is only CPP+OAS not even close to the $2200). Lawyers never clear never got me anywhere. Like trying to hold water.

I am more than willing to wait for 6 months (or even much longer) to get citizenship. I am retired and got all the time in the world.
I am just afraid to try for another 8 years to find out that it is just another dead end. My RCMP criminal record is clean. I got one in 2009. I can get a more recent new one.

I heard that marrying an Argentinian is a sure thing .. permanent immediate residency. Sounds great ...... the bad news is: my divorce in Toronto took me to the cleaners. Hurt me so much. I have an Argentinean friend here and she is willing to marry me for the residency for a fee. But I am afraid. Prenuptial agreement is NOT a valid document in courts in Argentina. She lives in her place, I live in mine. Afraid she may change her mind and cause me trouble to divorce peacefully (jus her fees. Nothing else..). I do not work. Do not own property neither here nor in Toronto. Only my pension and RRSP. Is this route safe?????? This route is tempting .... but I don`t want to get hurt again.

I never recommend marrying someone for convenience, but sounds like the citizenship route might be the easiest. The license issue is a pain -- do you still hold Canadian residency? Assuming you have Canadian resident status (ie the govt believes that you're living there 6mos plus of the year, even if you aren't) and if you decide you're not ready to take citizenship here, AND you don't mind going for a bit without license, it might just be easiest to wait until you visit Ontario sometime.

http://www.ontario.ca/driving-ontario

Syngirl:
They know. I had to file my income tax and apply for OAS by correspondence from here. I had to let them know even though I am not resident here either. I prefer to solve my residency here somehow. I have no reason to bear the Canadian weather (not looking for work and no family there). It is just they make it too damn hard.

Rich One:
To get I.D.L. don`t I need to have a valid D.L. ?
I.D.L. is issued BASED on a valid D.L. (I thought).
They would`t issue an IDL with nothing. Would they?

The AAA club Confirmed today, that one needs a DNI and a valid Local Drivers License to obtain an IDL :mad:

Back