Driver's Licence......???

Maikito

Registered
Hello guys,

Have any of you been throught the process of getting your DL recently? I know there is another thread about this, but its a bit outdated. I'm sure some thigns have changed. I already have DNI and 2 USA DL (Florida and Puerto Rico)

Thanks for your help.

I wouldn't even bother with the AR Drivers License...it is a PAIN!!! Easiest is to get a International DL. As long as you have an active U.S. DL you will have no problems. You can purchase it online and they send it to you within a few days.

I have used it for 6 years not only in AR but in Asia as well.

Just do a google search for IDL and you will get a few places to get the license.

Thanks jaredWB for the info. I will have it in mind if all fails, but I want the ARG DL.

Maikito said:
Hello guys,

Have any of you been throught the process of getting your DL recently? I know there is another thread about this, but its a bit outdated. I'm sure some thigns have changed. I already have DNI and 2 USA DL (Florida and Puerto Rico)

Thanks for your help.

If you have a valid foreign license, go to your local comuna with your DNI and request a turno for the charla as well as a turno at the driver's license examination station on Roccas.

Attend the charla and have the "speaker" sign the paper given to you at the beginning of the one hour presentation.

Arrive at the examination building a few minutes before your turno for the license. You will line up outside the building. They allow groups inside every half hour.

Be sure to bring $, a pen, a photocopy of your DNI, and the receipt from the charla.

If you don't have a current foreign license, you will have to take the written exam and driving test (in addition to the eye test, physical and psychological exams).

jaredwb said:
I wouldn't even bother with the AR Drivers License...it is a PAIN!!! Easiest is to get a International DL. As long as you have an active U.S. DL you will have no problems. You can purchase it online and they send it to you within a few days.

I have used it for 6 years not only in AR but in Asia as well.

Just do a google search for IDL and you will get a few places to get the license.

Same here. Been using an International Driving license for over ten years without problems.

Be sure to get if from AAA - it is a legal one, besides being the cheapest. Download the application from their website, and send it along with your photo, a photocopy of your US driver's license, and a fifteen dollar check.

http://www.aaa.com/vacation/idpf.html

Can you be the owner of a car or motorcycle with that AAA Int'l DL?

You can own anything you want - taking it out on the streets is what demands a driver's license.

I,ll ask again.Is it the same format for uk ex-pats with a uk licence?

HowardinBA said:
I,ll ask again.Is it the same format for uk ex-pats with a uk licence?

I don't know, but check with the UK's equivalent of the American Automobile Association. If they offer an international driver's permit, it should work the same way.

That permit is not valid in Uruguay - there you need the INTERAMERICAN driver's permit.

Back