Driving In Chile & Laws Concerning Drinking

These driving laws from what I understand are only about one year old.

Agree. Chile enforces their laws , and bribery is NOT an option. Italy recently lowered the minimum for drinking while driving to 0.0. Any amount in your system , loose your driving right for LIFE.

In Chile I saw a policeman wave over 8 German touring motorcyclist for illegal passing , and I am sure each and everyone was ticketed.

Try entering Canada from the US with a DUI on your record. Probably going to be denied entry.

Please do not ask how I know all this, ha ha. Record is forever. Canada/US share info. In Canada a DUI is a felony. Anything in the past 10 years will cause problems. More than 10 years, can be considered rehabilitated, all at the discretion of the border guy. Not a minor thing in Canada. It is a crap shoot for sure.

Please do not ask how I know all this, ha ha. Record is forever. Canada/US share info. In Canada a DUI is a felony. Anything in the past 10 years will cause problems. More than 10 years, can be considered rehabilitated, all at the discretion of the border guy. Not a minor thing in Canada. It is a crap shoot for sure.

Absolutely true - they don't joke around with that. I have a friend who had a DUI 7 years ago and he still can't go to his family's house in Canada where they spend every summer.

Agree. Chile enforces their laws , and bribery is NOT an option. Italy recently lowered the minimum for drinking while driving to 0.0. Any amount in your system , loose your driving right for LIFE.

In Chile I saw a policeman wave over 8 German touring motorcyclist for illegal passing , and I am sure each and everyone was ticketed.

I have probably driven upwards of 300,000 km over 20 years in Argentina, and I have never seen any vehicle stopped for a moving violation. Argentine police, though, take equipment problems such as a malfunctioning brake light very seriously, so long as they can pull you over on the roadside without having to sacrifice their morning mate, and they know they can coimear you.

Back