Driving License In Ba

If you are not here permanently, then use your US drivers licence. Anything to avoid going to La Roca and wasting hours waiting in line.

If you have a permanent residency, you need to have the local license.

Up to now, every time I was stopped, I put up my most beautiful smile and worst accent, and told the cop that I don't have a DNI and am I still in tramite. I talked myself out of it.

Now I have my permanent residency, and I had a car accident. I gave the other party my passport and international license; later my insurance company asked for a copy of all the pages in my passport, they had to see if I was by any change a permanent resident and would deny to pay.
Turns out that once you have permanent residency, you have 3 months to get the local one.

I went to ACA and this is what I should do :

make an appointment for 3x2h (3 days) lesson on conducto vial, then have a theoretical test and a medical test and after that a practical test.
I am starting in march... Will be able to give you all the details by then!

If you don't have permanent residency, you cant do this at ACA and must go to La ROCCA, and as Steve said, to be avoided...

ACA is too expensive and I'll have to go the traditional route and get the license through Transit in Roca. I just printed the CENAT ticket and have to pay $60, then go online and make an appointment in Roca. The first appointment is an orientation where you present current license, DNI and proof of domicilio? Or is the first appointment the 3 hour theoretical driving class? Does anyone know where I can download or get a copy of the driving test manual? It doesn't matter if it's in Spanish. The www.ciudadbuenosaires.gob.ar isn't working at the moment.

Today I went investigate what to do here in Lomas de Zamora and learned that I will also be required to go through the whoooole process. I was told last week that I would only need copies of my DNI and US license, as well as a test done in Argentina to determine by blood type. After getting blood drawn I was looking forward to coming home with my new Argentine license! That won't be happening anytime soon ;)

Seems to be that things are the same here in GBA as in Capital...

Back