Driving Rules?!?

I've noticed that a lot of drivers just honk (without slowing down) right before they get to an intersection (whether they can see what's coming or not).

texxaslonghorn said:
I've noticed that a lot of drivers just honk (without slowing down) right before they get to an intersection (whether they can see what's coming or not).

You should try it. It's a thoroughly invigorating experience if you come from somewhere with actively enforced road rules! ;)

I once had to drive in Guyana. I was working with a judge there and his driver had something else to do one day. I took it really easy for the first few blocks, but the judge wouldn't stop telling me that I was being a sissy and that I needed to drive like the Guyanese. So, honk and go it was for me. Invigorating to say the least. And they drive on the opposite side of the road from the US! First time for that too. But I guess they at least stick to one side of the road-more than i can say for cap fed.

tangobob said:
They drive like they walk and like they dance, you have to believe that they will not hit you. They will pass as close as possible anything more than a few centimetres is considered poor driving, "I did not hit you, what is your problem?"
The hardest thing for us etranjeros is to belive that they will miss us at a junction.
Hold your head up belive you are right and tough it out, but do not qoute me if they do hit you.

Touché!
Forget about the book and always look at the other drivers eyes. It is all about it.

Back