Dry Cleaner Viveza Criolla

Daniel82

Registered
So it appears that my dry cleaner has been conveniently ‘losing’ some of the clothing (none of the cheaper, more generic stuff, go figure!) I have hurriedly been dropping off and picking up without bothering to check the ticket.

It’s not that I have a massive amount of clothes and didn’t notice, it’s the fact that I always would pick up and drop off while usually being in a hurry to do other errands and I’ve honestly never, in the 6 major cities in the world I’ve lived in, had any issue,

However when I went to pick up my last load and had already been packing to leave, I noticed the quantity of clothes was a lot less than what I expected to pick up (because I had already packed up most of my other clothes)

Without the ticket on hand, I approached the girl who almost immediately seemed to have a response ready for me about me always being in a hurry and to double check in my closet. (Ok..?)

With all the stuff I had going on before leaving and her being about to close up for the weekend, I reluctantly left.

Sure enough, upon finally combing through everything I now see that not one but two of my last dry cleaning orders have had missing pieces (curiously, ALWAYS the pricier designer label items)

Moreover they even went as far to change the pick up tickets stapled to the plastic pick up bags to reflect a new quantity of items and cost, probably thinking I wouldn’t double check the pick up ticket given to me at drop off.

Who knew trying to give frequent business to a small mom and pop type dry cleaning business as opposed to the handy 5a Sec cleaners would result in me losing some nice designer shirts?

God bless.

You know, “viveza criolla” is Argentine slang that means some combination of “street smarts” plus “chutzpah” plus “ripping people off just because you can get away with it to make an extra cent” plus “taking advantage of people because if you don’t, YOU are the sucker.” So.... I found it funny that the dry cleaner that was ripping you off had that name. The name is basically screaming that this is what they do! I would never take clothing to the “Get The Sucker Dry Cleaning”

Years ago I took clothes to 5 a Sec. I made the mistake of leaving a custom made jacket. They ruined it by using some kind of caustic chemical on a minor stain. Of course they took no responsibility and I never went back. Since then I've gone only to Dolphin System which does very professional work. Worth paying more. There used to be Japanese dry cleaners but they seem to have disappeared or at least I haven't seen them around. They charged a lot. Not sure if their work was good.

Ahh it makes sense that that wasn’t their name.

Back