Dry Law in half of the country

Well, they say the banned of alcohol is because it decrease the immune system.
Regarding tabacco, the production has stooped and soon there is going to be zero stock.
A very dumb policy which will lead to far more problems than any politician can imagine.

Reactions: Moe
Great move from the gov!i'm thinking this is based on the outlawing of cocaine which yield such great results. Absolutely brilliant

Tyrants mouths are watering at this great opportunity to walk all over individual liberties and constitutional rights
Remember kids, those who trade their liberties for an apparent security, deserve neither, also i know how to run a still .lol

I'm unsure about the constitutional right to buy alcohol. Which article is that?

All without much proof that these additional measures increase the effectiveness of slowing the spread, or any sort of plan to link restrictions to medical capacity, or any regime for widespread testing (which would cost less than what they're doing to the economy now).

The most effective countries - Taiwan and South Korea - didn't do lockdowns like California and Argentina are doing.

Those countries literally tracked people electronically along with everyone they interacted with and forced them all into quarantine. This requires much more government mobilisation and intrusiveness than what Argentina is doing, 1984 levels. It's also obviously very technologically advanced and requires that the government already have such systems readily at their disposal. That they were so ready to put these systems into use should scare you more.

I'm unsure about the constitutional right to buy alcohol. Which article is that?
The CN says its duty is to look for enforce internal peace while International Human Rights covenants talks about the right to health.

Those countries literally tracked people electronically along with everyone they interacted with and forced them all into quarantine. This requires much more government mobilisation and intrusiveness than what Argentina is doing, 1984 levels. It's also obviously very technologically advanced and requires that the government already have such systems readily at their disposal. That they were so ready to put these systems into use should scare you more.

It should scare me more than that this sentiment of 'no we can't' led to the infliction of avoidable economic apocalypse? Instead of, what, widespread testing and quarantines of infected people??

I'm pretty sure I won't be getting back to Argentina this year, which is probably a good thing as I really don't want to witness what's going to take place. Pretty much the only positive I can see is that there's a real possibility of straight up debt forgiveness for the country.

It should scare me more than that this sentiment of 'no we can't' led to the infliction of avoidable economic apocalypse? Instead of, what, widespread testing and quarantines of infected people??

I'm pretty sure I won't be getting back to Argentina this year, which is probably a good thing as I really don't want to witness what's going to take place. Pretty much the only positive I can see is that there's a real possibility of straight up debt forgiveness for the country.

So you want your government to surveil you literally all the time? You should come back then, Larreta is doing that in CABA.

Of course you are unsure,let me explain how your first under siege will play out( obviously this is your first one)
There is no constitutional right to purchase alcohol,that's why they first restrict your individual liberties , for instance,yes you guessed it, purchasing alcohol,then it'll be tobacco, and so on and so forth. Then and only then they move onto constitutional rights such as the right to free assembly which by the way it is suspended partially now, for instance , would you believe that at one time having a beard and long hair was enough reason to take you in to check your criminal record?, so sit back and see how first your individual liberties get cancelled and little by little your constitutional rights get eroded and by the time you realize that it's way too late , of course all of this done under the flag of safety and protection or what ever else title they come up with.
Any other questions?

Of course you are unsure,let me explain how your first under siege will play out( obviously this is your first one)
There is no constitutional right to purchase alcohol,that's why they first restrict your individual liberties , for instance,yes you guessed it, purchasing alcohol,then it'll be tobacco, and so on and so forth. Then and only then they move onto constitutional rights such as the right to free assembly which by the way it is suspended partially now, for instance , would you believe that at one time having a beard and long hair was enough reason to take you in to check your criminal record?, so sit back and see how first your individual liberties get cancelled and little by little your constitutional rights get eroded and by the time you realize that it's way too late , of course all of this done under the flag of safety and protection or what ever else title they come up with.
Any other questions?

It's so funny to see Americans posting this stuff about Argentina when they have Donald goddamn Trump as their president who's currently overseeing by far the worst coronavirus response imaginable. Why do you live here if you despise it so much?

Back