Dungeons And Dragons Game

well its not like women don't like fantasy and stuff. just look at the fascination of unicorns and fairies and princesses.

Maybe, when they are like 14. Or when they are past their prime and will cling to anything in order to get attention from men. 99% of the healthy, good looking, sexually active and mentally stable young women would NEVER spend their weekend evenings rolling saving throws. Even the actress on the video bellow confessed that she never (and will never) play D&D.
D&D is for dorks. Like me.

Maybe, when they are like 14. Or when they are past their prime and will cling to anything in order to get attention from men. 99% of the healthy, good looking, sexually active and mentally stable young women would NEVER spend their weekend evenings rolling saving throws. Even the actress on the video bellow confessed that she never (and will never) play D&D.

nah, i know personally a lot of nice ladies that play roleplaying games. also look at Morgan Web. and this link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dungeons_%26_Dragons_in_popular_culture

I believe it's the eating of sweet spleens that turns 99% of them off. That and the ritualistic sexual abuse of quadripeds. Take those out and maybe some of you dorks might get lucky (with a human).

nah, i know personally a lot of nice ladies that play roleplaying games. also look at Morgan Web. and this link: http://en.wikipedia....popular_culture

Listen, I've been playing RPGs for almost 30 years now. The best friends I have, I've met thanks to D&D and similar games. Hell, I learned English because I had to force myself to read and understand the Player's Handbook and the Dungeon Master's guide when I was a kid. So, I love the hobby. But that does not mean I have any illusions about it. Are there girls who play RPGs? Yes, there are and I've met quite a few of them. But that is very different from saying that regular, normal, healthy, young and good looking girls who don't play RPGs (99.9% of them) would become more interested on a guy after he mention that he plays D&D. The effect is usually the opposite. Healthy pretty sexually active girls want guys who are confident, fit, and take them out dancing on weekend evenings. Very few D&D players, maybe with the exception of Vin Diesel, fit the profile.

Listen, I've been playing RPGs for almost 30 years now. The best friends I have, I've met thanks to D&D and similar games. Hell, I learned English because I had to force myself to read and understand the Player's Handbook and the Dungeon Master's guide when I was a kid. So, I love the hobby. But that does not mean I have any illusions about it. Are there girls who play RPGs? Yes, there are and I've met quite a few of them. But that is very different from saying that regular, normal, healthy, young and good looking girls who don't play RPGs (99.9% of them) would become more interested on someone after they mention that they play D&D. The effect is usually the opposite. Healthy pretty sexually active girls want guys who are confident, fit, and take them out dancing on weekend evenings. Very few D&D players, maybe with the exception of Vin Diesel, fit the profile.

What usually happens with me is that women like me and we start talking about our interests. and im probably the first guy who has this hobby which is kinda like video games but more "fantay-stic"and also they hear that im very passionate about it...
well i guess dnd has nothing to do with it but the chemistry. and there are a lot of "confident, fit" guys who play dnd btw.
(though i dont dance so much...)

What usually happens with me is that women like me and we start talking about our interests. and im probably the first guy who has this hobby which is kinda like video games but more "fantay-stic"and also they hear that im very passionate about it...
well i guess dnd has nothing to do with it but the chemistry. and there are a lot of "confident, fit" guys who play dnd btw.
(though i dont dance so much...)

Still don't believe you...

edit: Except for the dancing bit, that I believe.

99.9% of all healthy, young good looking girls wouldn't dream of it eh? Maybe things have changed quite a bit from when I was young and played it. At university we used to have a pretty much equal amount of guys and girls playing, and among different DM groups. We'd get stoned, order Popeyes chicken and buy boxes of Bomb Pops for desert. Good looking girls, some hippy-ish, some pretty straight laced and wouldn't smoke with us, and some not so good-looking. We had a few nerds (both guys and girls), a couple of frat rats, I was a hockey player (AND a nerd), etc. Kind of what I figure to be a pretty normal cross-section of people in college, no way it was one-sided fat sloppy nerds (like the stereotype).

Of course, that was some time ago. Maybe nowadays is different.

Truth is, most folks at or around the age I went to school back then, nowadays (at least in BA) seem to be only primarily interested in partying, drugs and sex. Not that we weren't as well, but our partying didn't PRIMARILY consist of going to a friend's house, getting sloshed, then going to a club and get drunker and dance and then find a partner at some point to...well you get the point. That's a lot of what I see from my sister-in-law's life (the friends she hangs with - she's actually quite restrained) - although she would love DnD her friends would think she was, like, really weird (o sea!).

I don't know. I tend to think that the DnD players here are probably a bit more mature than 18-22, although I don't know any. This was the first I'd seen of any indication that DnD was still played even - I figured everyone had graduated to MMORPG and the face-to-face stuff was all gone.

More power to you guys - if I had time I'd join y'all!

I figured everyone had graduated to MMORPG and the face-to-face stuff was all gone.

More power to you guys - if I had time I'd join y'all!

Actually Pen&Paper RPGs are going through a small revival right now, after Magic the Gathering and the computer MMORPGs almost killed them. Dungeons and Dragons and Shadowrun (my favorite system) just had new editions published. Also, thanks to Google Hangouts and Skype, groups are not longer geographically restricted. Players across the world are joining virtual tables and engaging pen & paper RPGs on a global scale. The dorks of the world are uniting.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
O Expat Life 5
Back