Duvet - Where Can I Find Them!?

cakeandbake

Registered
Hi everyone,

This might seem like a very stranger question but I think you are the best people to ask...

I have just moved here from the UK and brought with me a double duvet cover, which is 200cm x 200cm.

I thought it would be simple to buy a duvet to fit inside it here but I was wrong. They are all strange sizes!

Does anyone know if you can get normal UK size duvets here, and where from, or what the Argentine equivalents are?

Or is it better to have one sent from the UK? Any advice on this would be appreciated?

Alternatively if anyone has a double duvet at home they don't need because they now use Argentine ones and they want to sell, I would be very happy to buy!

Thanks

Katie

http://listado.mercadolibre.com.ar/dormitorio-ropa-cama/acolchados/king-size/
Walmart,Falabella and large Coto supermarkets should have a selection too. King is however not that common so you will have to rummage.

Home Collection is excellent quality for BA standards but very expensive.

But what is not clear to me now from looking at different websites (Fallabella, Arredo etc) is when they refer to the bed size, i.e. King, Queen etc, are they referring to the actual size of the bed/mattress or the duvet cover itself. There doesn't seem to be a consistent approach. :(

It usually tells you the mesurements of the duvet on the bag it comes in. Good day today to explore Falabella weatherwise I mean.

If your cover is too big you can take it to a seamstress, if too small the comforter just squishes in there, then settles down. That's what we have and it's ok.
Nancy

I have a duvet which I bought from Macy's NY last year. Its level 3 or 4. Just toooo hot for my centrally heated apartment. All feathers/extremely light. Anyone wanna buy. Please send me a private message. thank you.

We brought over two duvets, one lighter and one heavier by Frette (first and last time I spend €400 a-pop on a piece of bed clothe).
We are having some issue with our heating (the pipes are clogged due to poor material and need to be re-done) and we have one radiator barely working for 70 sq m. Of course, our bedroom is the coldest place in the house, so it is actually turning into a life-saver.

About size: the duvet size should be LARGER than the mattress size.

So if you have a 200 x 200 cm cover, it is good for a 200 x 200 cm duvet (max) and should be used on a bed smaller than that (my guess is up to 160 cm of width, so that you have 20 cm of duvet "in excess" from each side.

There is a big Factory Outleet of Arredo in San Isidro with a wide selection of stuff for the house (bedclothes, curtains, towels, etc.). Full address is Av. Santa Fe 2087/99 esq. Vélez Sarsfield, Partido de San Isidro. 4793-1161.

I had the opposite problem... we were given a duvet 2 years ago as a wedding present and I could not find a nice cover. Finally bought one in the US. I would have bought more but a king sized mattress may have been a mistake in hindsight. :p

I wouldn't have it sent by mail - between the shipping costs and hassle, best to just buy one here if you can find it. Plus by the time you receive it, winter may be over.

I believe the duvet we were gifted was from Falabella... although the last time I looked, I didn't see any natural feather ones. It can be hit or miss as to which stores carry what. I'm no duvet expert, but I'm happy with it. It's warm and survived the cleaners.

I would buy what corresponds to your bed size and make sure it's 200x200 or thereabouts. [What you call double may be Queen here.] Even if the sizes are confusing, It should say the actual cm measurement on the label.
For Bed/Mattress sizes: http://www.colchonesroller.com.ar/cuales-son-las-medidas-de-colchones-argentina/
It's called an edredon de plumas, acolchado de plumas (plumon), and I've seen the name duvet used as well... sometimes in combination of more than one name :p in case you want to try your luck online.

Back