(E)Mba At Iae

Irony mode on: Of course if it's part of Opus Dei, it doesn't matter it's partnership with Harvard University or it's highly credited faculty, All you should care about is that Opus Dei equals Right wing = "Militars" = Nazis = Golpistas = all the world's evils

So know, seriously, I know the Vice dean and other professors and I can absolutely recommend the program. Too bad it's way too expensive for my budget

Irony mode on: Of course if it's part of Opus Dei, it doesn't matter it's partnership with Harvard University or it's highly credited faculty, All you should care about is that Opus Dei equals Right wing = "Militars" = Nazis = Golpistas = all the world's evils

So know, seriously, I know the Vice dean and other professors and I can absolutely recommend the program. Too bad it's way too expensive for my budget

If you knew something of Argentine history you would know that YES, people linked to Opus Dei in this country is the more conservative and deeply linked with military coups, unconstitutional governments, dictatorships, desaparecidos, human right violations, etc.
Is the part of the church that supported the last dictatorship. Fact. ;)

so you re saying Im wrong?

You're on that list of people I won't be engaging in serious discussions with, we can't get past reiterating the same positions in different ways so it's not really worth either of our time. This is my last hurrah with you, I think you're a decent guy but politically obstinant and guilty of a few cheap shots at your perceived opposition.

I will say that you often insinuate that entire sections of society e.g. churches, people who don't believe in the model, the "right", the comically clumsily labelled "neo-liberals" (a makey up term which exists in Argentina to smear non-peronists or non left wing) and suggest that if you can find one person in that large group of people who was guilty of the charges you toss around then it's open season on that whole group. However, that guilty by association nonsense doesn't apply to certain groups. It's a very loose criteria which you use to validate your own prejudice.

Are there people in the Catholic church who were guilty of crimes in the dictatorship. I'd say it's more than likely. Was that the position of the church in Argentina, I doubt it. You assign individual crimes to a group. Don't stress though, your government applies the same logic so you are in good company. Your constant slurring of any institute (incredibly even educational institutions) which are founded with a different ethos than your own is very damning. I would have thought that diversity should be celebrated rather than constantly berated. It's the same nonsense that you perpetuate some companies that operated during the dictatorship, where it suits your narrative you will attack a set of companies, where it doesn't you'll ignore their involvement.

TLDR version. On an individual basis many parts of Argentine society have committed crimes in the past. I don't believe it's valid to label a group based on individual actions, and even less valid when that approach is taken with one side only.

Good luck. Happy to chat, but no longer about politics.

Many of my coworkers at my now former company studied at or were professors at Austral. In fact, the office was right next to the IAE campus in Pilar. I won't bore you with the details, but there was definitely a subtle presence of the Opus in the office, until eventually the highest-ranking person left to found his own company. From the stories I've heard, studying an undergraduate degree at Austral is not free of a large dose of conservative Catholicism, though probably no worse than any Jesuit University in the US, BYU, SMU, etc.

That said, I have several friends and colleagues who studied an MBA at IAE. I can tell you that it opened A LOT of doors for them both here and in the US.

so you re saying Im wrong?

Not only are you wrong, but you're also biased and blindfolded. The moment you understand that not every Catholic equals Military = Golpistas = Rightist = Nazi = Lives in Barrio Norte, maybe and only maybe, you'll be able to have a grown up conversation and your posts will be taken seriously. In the meantime, let go the poison and be productive

Not only are you wrong, but you're also biased and blindfolded. The moment you understand that not every Catholic equals Military = Golpistas = Rightist = Nazi = Lives in Barrio Norte, maybe and only maybe, you'll be able to have a grown up conversation and your posts will be taken seriously. In the meantime, let go the poison and be productive

when did I say thet "every catholic equals military or nazi"?
Or even something similar? Please, show me, enlighten me where did I talked like that.

I only said that a part of the church, the more fundamentalist, supported the last dictatorship. Never talked of "every catholic", I only talked of a part of them, the Opus. I suggest you read better and dont prejudge me, you guys are making assumptions of what I said, neoliberals, etc, I never talked of that, only about the OPUS.

FYI CFK is very catholic, as a big part of left peronism, an interesting mix of religion and left, (which it does not happen to me, ni peronist and no catholic) and Capitanich is from OPUS, so its not like everything is so decisive.

If you knew something of Argentine history you would know that YES, people linked to Opus Dei in this country is the more conservative and deeply linked with military coups, unconstitutional governments, dictatorships, desaparecidos, human right violations, etc.
Is the part of the church that supported the last dictatorship. Fact. ;)

Not only in "this country"! I have no idea what kind of links this university has to Opus Dei. But Opus Dei's involvement in dictatorships and authoritarian coups is no secret. Franco/Spain, Pinocchio/Chile, ...

Hey there,

i was wondering if anyone has everything experience with an mba at iae.
or maybe aswell somewhere in ba?
slds alex

It is one of the most prestigious schools for MBA in Argentina. I haven't studied there but heard really good things about it from relatives.

Just do us all a favor and don't take over the government after you graduate :p.

As for avoiding universities that haven't done anything "bad" in the past...good luck. UBA was associated with ERP and Montoneros in the 70s too (leftist terrorists...some here probably think being a leftist terrorist is just dandy).

As for avoiding any connection with anything to do with the last military dictatorship, here's some neighborly advice:

Be careful walking around in Buenos Aires...the militares once ruled the city. Also the rest of Argentina. Not sure how you'll avoid coming in contact with Argentina when you want to come here and study.

Don't land at Ezeiza either, by the way, the militares definitely controlled the airport. Try not to fly on any planes...the militares threw people into the sea from them. And I guess that automatically means you can't use ships to travel either since they kinda gotta use the seas to move around.

Don't grow a mustache...it automatically makes you Opus Dei since Videla had a mustache. Don't speak Spanish since they all spoke Spanish...Oh and don't even dare to think about eating any Argentine meat because OPUS DEI!!!

Well anyway, hope I've been of some help!

Back