(E)Mba At Iae

Opus Dei's involvement in dictatorships/coups goes well beyond Franco/Spain. Obviously not everybody has the same opinion inside Opus Dei. Regarding your example of Franco's Spain: From what I remember reading about the topic - the fraction opposed to Franco in Opus Dei only grew towards the end of the regime with something like one half opposing Franco and the other half supporting the regime. But that is still a large fraction supporting it and then if you look at other right wing dictatorships and coups in Latin America and you see Opus Dei's involvement when digging a little deeper - then it is becomes pretty obvious that there is a pattern.

You will find a pattern where you want to find a pattern. 50/50 OF COURSE that must mean all are guilty...

does anybody are able to tell me the rates at iae for the emba?
googled around quite a lot on their page, but cant find...

does anybody are able to tell me the rates at iae for the emba?
googled around quite a lot on their page, but cant find...

I believe last year it was 30k (U$) if you chose the double degree w/ Harvard University ... I know, jaw dropping..

Each program at a university can have a very different reputation from the university as a whole, and I won´t step into whether the MBA program is good or not, or the worldwide reputation. However, it would be very naive to not be aware of the ties Austral has to Opus Dei and other parts of the right in Argentina. I work with film folk, but they all speak negatively of Austral in this sense and would be hesitant to even do a shoot there (I was at a company where an offer came in to shoot a conference, and the owner of the company invited the person into a meeting basically just to insult him and say no way would he film for them).
This may or may not play a part of your decision to go, but it is something to be aware of. I met girl from Colombia who decided to do her masters in journalism in a joint program run by San Andres/Clarin. All she knew was that San Andres is prestigious and Clarin is the biggest newspaper. She said that she was shocked when she would do street reporting people would come up and yell "Clarin miente!" (Clarin lies) and that it closed doors for jobs in other newspapers. She said she wished she knew more about this before signing up, even though she thought the program was quite good (but filled with rich kids who were "buying" their way into a post with Clarin).

Back