eats in recoleta

stingystooge

Registered
hola

So I'm living in Recoleta for the next couple months and need some food recommendations. I live on the intersection of Callao and Libertador and would like places I could walk to (granted I'm willing to walk a good distance, lets just say entire Recoleta) I'm living alone so nothing fancy, just good cheap eats.

e.g. I tried La Cumana and Sanjuanino(?) and loved it. anything else like that?

I live in the area and could give you some recommendations for more upscale (but not touristy) places but there is not much in the price range you want. Sometimes when I want to eat alone I am at a loss as to where to go. There is Los Maestros on Plaza Vicente Lopez. Very small and gets filled up fast. Patio Bullrich has a food hall. Good Japanese place, Sensu. Not too expensive.

There are loads of "Romario" Pizzerias in you neighbourhood that are not too expensive and serve decent pizza. There's also a good Parilla "Libre" on Austria y Gutierrez (but that's 15 blocks away from you) @ 35 peso all you can eat :). For a snack, i can recommend "La Cocina" for the best empanadas in town (av. Pueyrredón @ 1200/1300) if ím not mistaken).

Oviedo on Beruti and Arenales for fish and seafood is the best place in the city ( Spanish ) not cheap at all

Rodi Bar is a great neighborhood restaurant, not dirt cheap, but certainly not expensive, with good pasta, meat, and lots of local dishes like Rabas (squid) or Pastel de Papas (kind of argentinian shepards pie).
It is usually full of locals, not touristy at all, and I have never had a bad meal there.

Vicente Lopez 1900, corner of Ayacucho.

Pura Vida has really good salads, soups, and fancy, decidedly non-porteno juice drinks- again, not cheap, but very good. Frequented by svelte ladies who lunch.
Uriburu 1489, corner of Pena.

Not too far down Callao is one of the classic neighborhood parillas, reasonably priced, traditional, and tasty, Parilla Pena, on Rodriguez Pena 682 y Tucaman.

Me, I am a fiend for fugazzetta y faina- and one of the old time favorites, Il Cuartito, is only about ten blocks away-
937 Talcahuano.
This place hasnt changed since 1950, and I swear the same guys are still leaning over a counter, eating pizza and drinking muscato.

Lots more great places in that neighborhood.

Parilla Peña looks worth investigating. Lots of places for pizza and empanadas. The problem is one needs more than that and everything has grown so expensive.

sergio said:
Parilla Peña looks worth investigating. Lots of places for pizza and empanadas. The problem is one needs more than that and everything has grown so expensive.

I love Parrilla Pena! It's really fun on holidays as you get to see lots of porteno families out enjoying themselves. We've been several times, but went on mother's day & it was just so warm & inviting & buzzing. (Plus the food & service are great).

Thanks guys!

few questions:

What is a parilla? (Yeah I just got here last week)

and what's a "Romario" Pizzeria?

stingystooge said:
Thanks guys!

few questions:

What is a parilla? (Yeah I just got here last week)

and what's a "Romario" Pizzeria?

Parilla is a Argentine Barbeque restaurant. You will find every second restaurant is one Stingystooge

Back