Eco Bici

Dada

Registered
I just spotted this ad on the Subte where Macri talks about the free bici for everyone project. Aside from being quite impressed by the positive tone of his campaign, I can't believe I've been so blind so far and haven't noticed them (like 2 blocks from where I live). Maybe because I automatically assumed they must be like those in London, where you can rent them for a price comparable to a ride on public transport, using your credit or debit card etc.

Anyway, I'm up for this, getting my hands on the Vos card and start pedalling asap (as an alternative to free body contact on Subte during rush hours). Anyone has an experience with this? Is it true you get the card the same day you apply? (I mean, of course, once this feriado is over)

I signed up a couple of years ago, and, yes, you get the card the same day. And you dont have to be a citizen or resident, either- I just used my US passport.
The downside is the bikes are sometimes funky- I was glad I carry a swiss army knife, to adjust things- and the ride time is very short. 1 hour on weekdays, 2 hours on saturdays and holidays.

You need to either plan your destinations, other bike stations, carefully, or not go far.
But its fun, and free, and you dont have to carry it upstairs to your apartment when you are done.

I signed up a couple of years ago, and, yes, you get the card the same day.

Some location are printing points, others are just collection points, in which case you should request it online and pick it up when it's ready. The coding of the application page never worked for me and I ended up going in person to a kiosk with a printer. The limited usage is a pity!

Thanks, great to hear :) Yes, the limit sounds like a nuisance, but I think it's very reasonable. First, you can perfectly get nearly anywhere within the city in less than an hour, and second, imagine if there was no limit. There would be no bikes in the stations, all of them would be parked more conveniently in someone's yard.

Its true, I originally signed up before the current card system, so it was easier. Now I need to upgrade to a card. It used to be you just told them your four digit PIN and got a bike, but only at manned kiosks with limited hours.

Back