Editing needed

Pricey? Yes, most of the apts being offered are quite expensive. But in the spirit of fairness, they do list 10 apts under US$400 per month out of 335 listings. Regardless, the law of supply and demand will often dictate the financial outcome of most enterprises.My posting was intended to diplomatically convey a different issue. I was blown away by the gross language errors. Is the use of proper business English no longer the norm? Or does it not apply to commercial websites?

"gracielle" said:
My posting was intended to diplomatically convey a different issue. I was blown away by the gross language errors. Is the use of proper business English no longer the norm? Or does it not apply to commercial websites?
To be fair, I think the proprietor had someone else develop the site. Though even I have to confess that errors in spelling, punctuation, and even syntax are egregious and numerous. But these shall doubtless be rectified.
Norms in English usage: interesting question. The language ain't what it used to be half a century ago. I don't know what constitutes "proper" anymore. For example: we've "downsized" him; or: this has "impacted" the bottom line. Of course in the old days, you might have said, "I was flabbergasted," rather than, "I was blown away." ;-)

"bjrutledge" said:
Well, you also gotta wonder about any company that posts an employee-wanted ad on the forum that is read by people who are looking for apartments, rather than on the Jobs forum, whose target audience would include prospective employees.
Excuse me, have you ever heard of someone making a mistake? For example, first time using a website and thinking its posted in correct place but it is not. Chill out!

I guess you guys must not go to many websites that are done here, because the number of errors in 99% of the sites is hideous. But remember, although this doesn't excuse people, a lot of the sites being marketed are done by Argentines who usually use an Argentine translator and not a native English speaker (and even they are usually not great) and thus have tons of mistakes. If you want to really see spelling, grammar, and major editing boo boos, try the Internet sites that have been translated to English, for instance Coto.com it's sad.

Back