El Alamo...great place minus the obvious! (Owner read)

Curious if I can find the Brewer games starting April 4th here; or is there another bar where I can catch them as well. Le Bar, Casa, or Sugar....? As another poster mentioned, I hate watching games on my Computer.
Saludos

HowardinBA said:
maybe they,ll have Cockroaches v Mosquitos live:confused:

Nah, mosquitos got defeated by staphylococcus in previous round, and they didn't look too well after the game (usual mosquito complaint : "that sucks").

ElAlamoBar said:
The two owners of El Alamo are US citizens. There are two other El Alamo locations, one in Medellin and the other in Key West. We will be opening another location in Buenos Aires in either the Palermo or Belgrano neighborhoods a few months from now.
To the poster who claim "the owners don't know how to run the place" I just simply laugh and shrug my shoulders. The members of the forum should understand that although El Alamo is the only place to get all US and most international sports live via satellite in Buenos Aires, the sports aspect is a very small part of the business. El Alamo thrives as the closest thing to a US-style fraternity party in Buenos Aires and as such caters to the type of people who enjoy that type of chaotic setting.

I saw one bar from the same owners in Asuncion too. Wonder why they did not mention it here.

Since there isnt enough money in the world to pay me to either watch sports or go to a frat party, I just have to stick to places where the toilets work, I guess...

But most places in BsAs look pretty bad when the lights come on.
I do listen to jazz, and Thelonius is pretty shabby in daylight.
The standards of cleanliness vary from country to country, thats for sure.

I once stayed in a campground in Germany where, every day, these 4 burly women would come in, unlock the second bathroom complex, swab the whole thing down with a few hundred gallons of ammonia and bleach, then lock it right back up again- not enough customers to open it. But it was clean, by god.

The Office in Las Canitas if you want not so chaotic and good food. The hamburgers are amazing by any standard and the will have Argentina vs. USA on their projection tv which is on a huge white wall.

weltawelta said:
The Office in Las Canitas if you want not so chaotic and good food. The hamburgers are amazing by any standard and the will have Argentina vs. USA on their projection tv which is on a huge white wall.

I can't tell you how bummed I am that a ManU hack took out Stuart Holden for 6 month. 26 stitches and out for 6 months. That sounds like something that should get someone suspended for the rest of the season, but he'll probably just sit out the standard amount of time for a red card and then right back in the lineup.

:(

going OT sorry, but speaking of sports (which I don't watch either but happened to be in a resto when it was on), what happened to the Boca player last night who got taken off on a stretcher?

Back