Electricity & gas tariffs: where and how to register in order not to lose State subsidies

UPDATE:
3 October 2022 by Martin Bidegaray
The Gov't admitted that it postponed the increase in electricity bills for homes. The removal of subsidies, with the consequent increase in service bills, was scheduled for September, but it was moved to October. The Secretary of Energy, Flavia Royón, explained that the segmentation will take place "from the consumption of October". Those bills will arrive in November....

UPDATE: automatic Google Translation of entire article.
6 October 2022 by Sofia Diamante
Increase in rates: the Ministry of Energy published the last piece of information that was missing to raise the gas service....

18 October 2022 by Ximena Casas
This is how the new electricity and gas bills look like: more than a third of AMBA users will have a reduction in subsidies. The bills already have printed the category and the amount in pesos of the subsidy they receive from the State....

26 October 2022 by Sophia Diamond
....While the segmentation of gas and electricity rates makes its debut this month to lower energy subsidies, at the political level there is discussion of how to implement an additional increase for all users - regardless of their socioeconomic level - to increase revenue for companies of distribution, among which are Edenor and Edesur in electricity and Metrogas, Camuzzi and Naturgy in gas....To once again increase income for companies, the Executive Power must extend the tariff transition period, which is the agreement that was signed with the distributors. For this, it is necessary to extend DNU 1020 of December 2020, despite the fact that article two of said regulations prohibits it....

As reported on TN live news:
8 November 2022
The Gov't has made progress in the first removal of electricity subsidies (as of October) and has already informed how the second one will be implemented, which will start in December. Between the two, the increase in electricity bills is close to 90%. There is still one more stage of elimination of these subsidies, which will take place in February, 2023.

UPDATE: Automatic Google Translation of entire article.
12 November 2022
There are less than 1% of the 2.6 million homes connected to the water and sewage network. The subsidies that can be preserved are much lower than those for electricity and gas. More than 8.5 million households asked to keep the electricity subsidies. Instead, only 23,000 asked to keep them to pay the water bill....The segmentation established by Aysa allows discounts to be preserved, but in a more restrictive way than for electricity and gas. Same as the Secretariat of Energy, Aysa established three groups of clients: high, medium and medium-low. This classification was made according to the areas in which the clients live....

....To find out if they can apply to this list, customers have to look at the back of their water bill. There is a “coeficiente zonal”. If the coefficient is between 1.10 and 1.45, households will keep the benefit at a staggered subsidy reduction. The Water and Sanitation Regulatory Entity (ERAS) is the recipient of the requests for subsidies in the services provided by Aysa. They study the 23,000 requests and then communicate to Aysa which customers should maintain the subsidies. Unlike the registration for electricity and gas subsidies, where it was not made clear that the beneficiaries would be excluded from the "dolar ahorro" regime, the registration page of the water registry does clarify this situation. It states that "Users of the drinking water supply, while receiving subsidies, will not be able to access the official foreign exchange market or carry out transactions with securities and other such entities to obtain settlement in foreig
n currency"....

I don't really care. My bills are still in the name of the former, now dead tenant. There is absolutely no way I want to go through the headache of changing the bills into my name. That the bill will go from 375. Pesos a month to 4,000 is no big deal. I pay in effectivo and do not intend to ever get a bank account here.

I don't really care. My bills are still in the name of the former, now dead tenant. There is absolutely no way I want to go through the headache of changing the bills into my name. That the bill will go from 375. Pesos a month to 4,000 is no big deal. I pay in effectivo and do not intend to ever get a bank account here.
I changed an Edesur bill to my name earlier this year, did it online, took ten minutes. I had to take pictures of a couple of documents and upload em, but it was fast and easy.
Post Pandemia, much more of the Government functions are streamlined, and online.
I can now download and print forms from AFIP, I just needed a new certificado de domocilio, and it took ten minutes at the police station, no waiting days for a home visit by bored policemen.
Slowly, Argentina is entering the 20th century.
Soon, maybe even the 21st.

I changed an Edesur bill to my name earlier this year, did it online, took ten minutes. I had to take pictures of a couple of documents and upload em, but it was fast and easy.
Post Pandemia, much more of the Government functions are streamlined, and online.
I can now download and print forms from AFIP, I just needed a new certificado de domocilio, and it took ten minutes at the police station, no waiting days for a home visit by bored policemen.
Slowly, Argentina is entering the 20th century.
Soon, maybe even the 21st.
Yes. It's random, though. Especially for foreigners who do random things like change DNIs, the system can't really handle it.

I went to unify my CUILs (for the second time, the first was precaria->resident, now it was resident->citizen), I went to ANSES without an appointment, and everything was done in maybe 20 mins, great you say, until I went home and tried to verify my data in ANSES. I can't since my phone number and emails are in the system already (duh!!), and I can't complain online since my data isn't verified (like, really, DUH!!). My wife, who had the misfortune to register with AFIP as self-employed, got half-way at ANSES, needs to complete the procedure at AFIP, but can't get an appointment since her data has been deleted in AFIP.

I like having everything in order but I've got to go with Aztango here, as long as the dead are happy to pay up, let them.

Automatic Google Translation of entire article:
22 November 2022
The Italian electricity company Enel, owner of Edesur, announced that it will sell its business in Argentina. The state-controlled group will also exit the Peruvian market. It will focus on its European markets and the energy transition. It plans to sell assets worth some USD 21.5 billion to reduce its net debt and focus its transition towards cleaner energy. Most of the divestment plan should be carried out by the end of 2023 and it includes as well the sale of assets in Romania.

In addition to Edesur, Enel will put up for sale all of its other assets in Argentina, which include the Costanera and Dock Sud thermal power plants, the El Chocón hydroelectric concession, transmission lines, and electricity transmission lines. The state-controlled group intends to invest around 37 billion euros over the next three years in its six main markets: Italy, Spain, United States, Brazil, Chile and Colombia. It also confirmed their plans to cut carbon emissions by 2040, with a switch from fossil fuels to renewables....

Back