Emergency dentist cost

I have heard very good things about Dental DAS work. But. My experience years ago was that they were very very overpriced. I sat in the dental chair for no more than 5 minutes when I was offered to straighten and whiten my teeth at that very visit for lots and lots of money. I left pale faced and shaken. No thank you. They repeatedly contacted me about making a return appointment.

I wish I had found this post before going to DAS! I got a crown from them (necessary? who knows!) and a filling where they weren't going to let me have any painkillers. When I insisted on being numbed halfway through the procedure, the dentist didn't want to wait for it to kick in, so the anesthesia didn't really even do anything until she was almost done. They also weren't very straightforward on prices for things like x-rays.

I wish I had found this post before going to DAS! I got a crown from them (necessary? who knows!) and a filling where they weren't going to let me have any painkillers. When I insisted on being numbed halfway through the procedure, the dentist didn't want to wait for it to kick in, so the anesthesia didn't really even do anything until she was almost done. They also weren't very straightforward on prices for things like x-rays.
Despite the fact that they have a good reputation with some folks, I wouldn't trust them as far as I could throw them. I've seen them twice (the second time by error). The first visit was in 2007 or thereabouts (not their current location) and they tried to sell me a root canal for big bucks. I saw them again by mistake about three years ago and they again tried to sell a root canal for the same tooth! At $900US! Avoid!!

Some dentists here may know that a crown costs $3.500USD or more and try to get as much as they can from unsuspecting foreigners. I know Americans who have dentist appointments in BA because the charges are less.

I am grateful for the excellent dentist who attended me for 14 years and did only what was necessary. If only he hadn't decided to close his office this year. It took me years of trying out OSDE dentists to find him in my neighborhood. A sign in his apartment window indicating OSDE with a phone number was how I found the best dentist in BA. I dropped OSDE, but continued to see Dr. Di Croce and pay him directly. Although I have the free plan Coberatura Portena de Salud, I haven't gone to the dentist with the plan since the first one I saw was not professional.

In all my years living in Argentina I found the dentists to be pretty horrible there. I don't want to generalize but I went a few times and none were great experiences. I think overall Argentina has a way better healthcare system vs. the USA and other places but their dental system sucks for the most part.

I don't think Argentines take good care of their teeth compared to USA and maybe that's why the dentists aren't that great IMHO.

Back