Emergency: how reliable is FedEx Argentina?

polostar88

Registered
Might have someone FedEx me laptop I forgot in usa to Buenos Aires. How safe/reliable is this?

Might have someone FedEx me laptop I forgot in usa to Buenos Aires. How safe/reliable is this?
Instead of shipping and (possibly if not probably) having to pay 50% duty on the value of your laptop plus 50% of the cost of shipping, you might consider having "someone" transfer your data to a cloud that you can access online in Buenos Aires or download your data to an external drive and send that to you.

PS: Hopefully, if you chose to have someone send an external drive, the declared value would be low enough to avoid having the package being held up for whatever time might take to pay applicable import fees..

Last edited:
You might also ask someone who is coming to Buenos Aires to bring it from the USA after FedExing to them first. I would volunteer, but we leave the US on Sunday night.

if it is super important and time critical, i would not mail it

I've found FedEx very reliable for papers and documents between BA and the US. Anything but documents gets snagged by the Argentinian customs mob.

Documents are OK. Products are absolutely NO GO! It's Argentinastan. Remember. You will be trapped in customs and extorted beyond belief

Would Brazil be safer to go there and receive?

The DHL option is quite expensive BUT they claim they can get it through customs
mafia. I'd be willing to pay that. Has anyone here tried? Speed is important of course, so is safety.

Would Brazil be safer to go there and receive?

The DHL option is quite expensive BUT they claim they can get it through customs
mafia. I'd be willing to pay that. Has anyone here tried? Speed is important of course, so is safety.
DHL will not get a laptop through customs, and neither will FedEx.

Back