Empanadas...mmmmm

Best one I ever had was here....

https://es-es.facebook.com/pages/Maruja-Cafe-Resto-Bar/54372477746

But it is long way from BA. We were there for Carnival the last year I was in Arg. WoW mind blowing women everywhere.

One of the best empanadas i ever had was on easter island.

a Tuna Empanada!
4RcEPr4.jpg

photo by someone else

Tuna oversized empanada is a classic for Easter.
So Brunette, I tried La Morada, empanadas tucumanas and... in comparison to La Zoila:
the dough is a lot better and it's painted with egg yolks. A little heavier maybe but I don't complain about that.
The filling (carne picante) is not that good. There are single big pieces of meat (and egg...ugh) but not what I remember (from years ago!) to be carne cortada a cuchillo. Not spicy at all, but also not very savory either.
The Choclo empanadas are actually a lot better and tastier than La Zoila, so thank you for that!
Still, since I like meat empanadas, I'll have to go again to La Zoila next time.
La Zoila, empanadas saltenias overseen by owner, delicious!

Tuna oversized empanada is a classic for Easter.
So Brunette, I tried La Morada, empanadas tucumanas and... in comparison to La Zoila:
the dough is a lot better and it's painted with egg yolks. A little heavier maybe but I don't complain about that.
The filling (carne picante) is not that good. There are single big pieces of meat (and egg...ugh) but not what I remember (from years ago!) to be carne cortada a cuchillo. Not spicy at all, but also not very savory either.
The Choclo empanadas are actually a lot better and tastier than La Zoila, so thank you for that!
Still, since I like meat empanadas, I'll have to go again to La Zoila next time.
La Zoila, empanadas saltenias overseen by owner, delicious!
I was a fan of La Morada, until two years ago we all got intoxicated with their beef empanadas ... it was really bad.

I am visiting in Belgrano for the month, Hmm.. I am going to have to try La Pacena empanadas ,

In all fairness should not compare different categories of Empanadas. Can't compare Apples and Oranges.

Tucumanas
Salteñas
Chaqueñas

Actually I really do enjoy and miss a SUPER HUGE Argeantinian lomito sandwich. That is the one thing Argentia does syo well in my thinking. Well next to Women, Asado and Wine that is.

This comment falls under the category 4 P , Pizza, Pasta, Parrilla and Pxxx,,? :D

Back