Empanadas...mmmmm

Sorry Brunette but the best empanadas I've tried are Saltenias from La Zoila (Recoleta, pena y pueyrredon) and Belgrano
The owner is always there (at least in Recoleta) and the staff seems to take pride.
It's just a hole in the wall, but it's super clean, freshly baked, and you can notice they use real ingredients.
Ask for carne muy picante which as explained above, means not spicy at all but just tasty. ;)

I bet you didn't know Tucuman is the Argentine capital of empanadas, huh? I am going to boast here but I know a fair bit about food... maybe more than a fair bit :)

I bet you didn't know Tucuman is the Argentine capital of empanadas, huh? I am going to boast here but I know a fair bit about food... maybe more than a fair bit :)

I'll take you up on that, and I actually do prefer the carne cortada a cuchillo than minced, so where in Recoleta can I get the best, properly spiced, Empanadas Tucumanas?

Why is it some places will only sell some types of empanadas fried rather than oven baked. Sometimes a man just wants a carne picante from the oven!

I used to like them but I just got tired of them. You know what I am really tired of? Ham and cheese in every freaking thing. My God ham and cheese has been beat to death in South America.

Actually I really do enjoy and miss a SUPER HUGE Argeantinian lomito sandwich. That is the one thing Argentia does so well in my thinking. Well next to Women, Asado and Wine that is.

Where can you get this.

When your only take/away delivery options are empanadas or pizza, or ahhhem sushi.... I think tonight I might chose errrrrhhhmmmm.... a ver !? it's a difficult one......................

Back