English speaking doctor required

Gareth - your blog has some inaccuracies. Public hospitals are free for everyone (tourists and citizens alike).

Nor is emergency care in a private hospital free.

Public = Free. Private = Paid.

Interesting... so...

Can tourists just walk into a public hospital and get a check up from a doctor?

And, people can't go into a private hospital if they have an emergency unless they pay?

Good information to know... and change.

Let me know.

Where did you sign up for OSDE insurance? I'm in BA and have been trying to find them? HELP!!!

jml said:
A medical doctor is the type I require, and I have no idea about budget. I am covered by US healthcare insurance.

You sure you don't want a Doctor of Philosophy? Doctor of Letters? haha

Sorry couldn't resist. I assume you mean a GP, since all Doctors of Medicine are Medical Doctors.... a GP = medica clinica.

If you say you are covered by US healthcare, you should probably call your insurance provider back home and find out who they work with first.

JML,I'm going to an English speaking gynocologist on Monday. She's on my Swiss Medical plan. Private message me if you want any more info after my visit.

Swiss Medical insurance can be obtained by walking into any of their offices. I've been happy with it ... though it did take four months to get my actual card and the complete directory of physicians.

By the way, when I leave in April, does anyone want my SM directory? It will save you a four month wait.

Back