English TV Stations - cable tv question

torquey

Registered
Hi all.

I'm sorry if this is in the wrong forum, I searched and didn't find anything but a post from 2007. I also looked at the Entertainment forum but that looked like it was about more cultured entertainment; magicians, operas, plays, etc.

I'm new to BA and to this forum. I've been here a week and am enjoying working on improving my Spanish, but at the end of the day I'd like to come home and watch some TV that I truly understand and don't have to think about to watch.

Are there any internet, satellite or otherwise cable TV providers that have English speaking TV stations? The TV in our apartment it too old to have a SAP button - and I don't think it would work anyway as I've set all the languages to English (Guide, Voice and Subtitles) and nothing really changed.

I've seen Directv Go which seems interesting, but haven't had any luck signing up for the 3 day trial period. I don't have a DNI. I'm here on a visitor's visa for a year. My wife is here on a one year work visa and has a DNI.

Could anyone help me out/point me in the right direction?

Thanks.

Chris

Personal Flow offers at least CNN and Fox News, both of which are the international versions. Therefore, while they provide English-speaking content, the programming may not be identical to what they broadcast in the USA.

Additionally, probably there is an option to subscribe to American services, such as Sling?, and access their content here by using a VPN.

I've seen Directv Go which seems interesting, but haven't had any luck signing up for the 3 day trial period. I don't have a DNI. I'm here on a visitor's visa for a year. My wife is here on a one year work visa and has a DNI.

We have directTV the past 10+ years. The box controls the languages, not the TV, which I think was the same when we had Cable based TV. There are at least 15-20 channels in english. Though they are the movie and series channels that show content from USA and EU, and some occasional NZ or South Africa english show-series. Some of those can switch to ESP dubbed, and they all have Spanish subtitles that cannot be removed. There are some news channels like BBC or CNN in english I think. I have never surfed the channels that direction. DirectTV go has the same content as our dish service, which I see now has streaming plan I think you mention.

all those streaming services are cheaper than USA subscriptions that you may or may not need a VPN to watch here. Netflix, Prime, Paramount, Star+, ect… I think you need an argentina CC. Get a CDI number from the local AFIP office. For foreign non resident. Then the quickest is to sign up UALA or brubank or similar pre-paid Mastercard/visa. https://www.argentina.gob.ar/obtener-la-clave-de-identificacion-cdi

What's a tv? Oh, now I remember. It's that box I gave away twelve years ago that was invented to Tel-A-Vision.

Thanks everyone. I really appreciate it. @jantango you're right. It is very unnecessary, but I appreciate a couple of shows on there. I like motogp and F1, but will probably not make it to a circuit anytime soon. So watching that and a few other things would be nice. Again, thank you all.

Back