Entering as a resident but leaving after residency expires?

citygirl

Registered
A friend was trying to explain this to me and it didn't make sense but maybe someone can explain to me.

Friend had temp residence when he entered Arg - he was working at the time. While he was here, he left his job and his residency expired as did his DNI. And he was trying to explain to me that it would be an issue for him to leave the country since he no longer had the DNI or residency.

That doesn't make sense to me but maybe I'm missing something. Couldn't he just pay the overstay fee when he leaves and it would be as though he was simply a tourist who overstayed? Anyone know how that would work? Intellectual curiousity but it seems it couldn't possibly be as complicated as he is making it out to be.

I am not sure but to me, it would be complicated perhaps bc he now has no status. And quite logical, overall, that it not be so simple.

If you overstay your visa, you pay a fine - but you had a visa. I wouldn't think it goes " temp resident" to "automatic tourist visa".

Think of it like a passport: if your passport is expired, you need to have it renewed. You don't change status bc it's expired. If his cannot be renewed, then he needs to apply/obtain whatever else.

I mean maybe it will just take time and he'll pay the fee, but I can see it being a pain either way. In his shoes, I would spend a day at Migraciones and get it sorted out before involving any international flights.

I don't get it. A friend of mine lost his temporary residency and he managed to return home and come back here again no problem.

My son left the country 6 months after his visa and DNI expired. He had to pay the 300 peso fine at the airport.

The only question the agent had was, why is only his visa expired, and not the rest of the family's?

A friend was trying to explain this to me and it didn't make sense but maybe someone can explain to me.

Friend had temp residence when he entered Arg - he was working at the time. While he was here, he left his job and his residency expired as did his DNI. And he was trying to explain to me that it would be an issue for him to leave the country since he no longer had the DNI or residency.

That doesn't make sense to me but maybe I'm missing something. Couldn't he just pay the overstay fee when he leaves and it would be as though he was simply a tourist who overstayed? Anyone know how that would work? Intellectual curiousity but it seems it couldn't possibly be as complicated as he is making it out to be.

he needs to leave the country (colonia will do) and come back in as a tourist. that's it.

citygirl said:

Since decree 616/2010, when a temporary residency expires, the irregularization process begings. Once he is declared irregular, then a deportation order is enacted. They are doing this as a standard procedure but it is not enforzable until he is noticed. Then he can appeal but, if he doesn t, then he wouldn t be able to return to Argentina for 5 years.
Regards

Back