Entradasba - buying tickets for theatres

chris

Registered
Has anyone used this site? Apparently it's how the Teatro Colon and other theaters are selling tickets. You have to enter your personal data to even see the ticket prices! If someone has used this, how are the tickets delivered? Do you get an email and then print them out?

Yes, tickets are emailed, which you can store in your phone and have scanned when you arrive at the event. It is super convenient.

I have used it, as well as regularly using Passline and Ticket Hoy. But I have a DNI. before that, I was able to use my US passport number, minus a digit, for many online ticket buys, although I didnt try that with entradas. I usually have to use a US credit card, but that works- I just bought tickets yesterday that way. I seldom print tickets anymore, just download to phone, or even take a photo with the phone of a computer screen. Its only the QR code that matters, and a phone photo of that works at any event.

Yes, tickets are emailed, which you can store in your phone and have scanned when you arrive at the event. It is super convenient.
And you can print too, right? I don't like taking my phone to theatres.

I have used it, as well as regularly using Passline and Ticket Hoy. But I have a DNI. before that, I was able to use my US passport number, minus a digit, for many online ticket buys, although I didnt try that with entradas. I usually have to use a US credit card, but that works- I just bought tickets yesterday that way. I seldom print tickets anymore, just download to phone, or even take a photo with the phone of a computer screen. Its only the QR code that matters, and a phone photo of that works at any event.
Why did you drop a digit?
Also I see that this site is associated with the government. Why would the government be selling tickets for private theaters (I understand that the Colon is municipal but others are private)? This would seem to go against Milei's philosophy.

Why did you drop a digit?
Also I see that this site is associated with the government. Why would the government be selling tickets for private theaters (I understand that the Colon is municipal but others are private)? This would seem to go against Milei's philosophy.

The list of theaters on the website is easily found and is limited to Colon, Sarmiento, and San Martin, which are all public AFAIK. I don't see any private facilities on the list of establishments.

Screenshot_20240303-132747.png

"Dropping a digit" is sometimes necessary for those of us without a DNI, as U.S. passport numbers are 9 digits and will generate error messages in systems designed to only accept DNIs (8 digits). For example, the McDonald's app is DNI only and won't accept foreign passport numbers, so I just use my passport number minus a digit so I can buy a cheaper hamburger with the in-app coupons. I had to do the same thing to create a MercadoLibre account. It's always seemed weird to me to be forced to provide a Argentinian national identity number to buy fast food (or theater tickets), but "When in Rome". Thankfully some apps (such as Rappi) are a little more forward thinking and don't have character limits for identity numbers.

Last edited:
All of the venues on the https://entradasba.buenosaires.gob.ar/ site are, as the name suggests, government owned.

as mentioned above, dropping a digit was a workaround for the last decade or so to be able to use a us passport number in a form that was made for DNIs.

If you can print from either your phone, tablet, or computer, then you can download the tickets and print them. I generally print from my computer, so thats generally where I download tickets, but most people do everything on their phones, and if your printer has bluetooth, that should work fine for printing from a phone or tablet.

Me, I take my phone everywhere, in my pants pocket, and just keep the volume down while in events or spaces where it would be appropriate. I consult google maps, or look up nearby stores or restaurants, take photos, and, yes, post on social media all the time, and the phone is the device for that. I am pretty situationally aware, and in 15 years of wandering the streets of BA, never had anything stolen. But I dont look rich, just weird. Locals ask me for directions all the time...

also, Milei's "philosophy" has yet to trickle down to pretty much any governmental agency. The new head of ANSES was just announced last week. Some departments still dont have new administrators, and the ones that do are just starting to institute changes. The congress has not passed most of his proposed changes. He has managed to do a few things- he fired 7000 workers who only had 1 year temporary contracts, he has dropped price regulation on the colectivos, but as far as affecting change on websites or in the tens of thousands of government policies, his efforts have not yet been successful in most cases. The government is large, slow, and very difficult to change.

Last edited:
All of the venues on the https://entradasba.buenosaires.gob.ar/ site are, as the name suggests, government owned.

as mentioned above, dropping a digit was a workaround for the last decade or so to be able to use a us passport number in a form that was made for DNIs.

If you can print from either your phone, tablet, or computer, then you can download the tickets and print them. I generally print from my computer, so thats generally where I download tickets, but most people do everything on their phones, and if your printer has bluetooth, that should work fine for printing from a phone or tablet.

Me, I take my phone everywhere, in my pants pocket, and just keep the volume down while in events or spaces where it would be appropriate. I consult google maps, or look up nearby stores or restaurants, take photos, and, yes, post on social media all the time, and the phone is the device for that. I am pretty situationally aware, and in 15 years of wandering the streets of BA, never had anything stolen. But I dont look rich, just weird. Locals ask me for directions all the time...

also, Milei's "philosophy" has yet to trickle down to pretty much any governmental agency. The new head of ANSES was just announced last week. Some departments still dont have new administrators, and the ones that do are just starting to institute changes. The congress has not passed most of his proposed changes. He has managed to do a few things- he fired 7000 workers who only had 1 year temporary contracts, he has dropped price regulation on the colectivos, but as far as affecting change on websites or in the tens of thousands of government policies, his efforts have not yet been successful in most cases. The government is large, slow, and very difficult to change.
He dissolved some ministries, didn't he? Seems like a major change if he did that. So why do you look 'weird"?

Back